Fallout New Vegas FNV4gb- Graphical/Texture Issue - (SOLVED)

ajjones93

Question

SOLVED:  With the help from RoyBaatterian over on his nexus mod pags for Fallout |New Vegas 4GB Updated, this problem I was having has now been solved.  It turns out that it was a problem with my video driver not correctly detecting the game, due to the different file name.  I was instructed to download NVIDIA Inspector so I could add a profile for the FalloutMO.exe.  

After spending many hours trying to solve this, it turns out there was a simple solution.  Thanks again to Roy and everyone else who tried helping me with this.

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have for Fallout New Vegas.  I have MO, NVSE and FNV4gb Updated.  I have set up the executables to run with MO, but there seems to be a problem when loading FNV4gb. I'm having a small graphical glitch when starting a new game, loading a previous save or using the console command "coc" from the Main Menu.  This only seems to occur when I launch FNV4gb through Mod Organizer...it loads with NVSE and works perfectly outside of MO with no graphical/texture Issue.  I have replicated this dozens of times now, so it's nothing relating to my mods (currently deactivated them while figuring out what was causing this issue).  I have also re-set the ini's to their default state a few times to see if there was a rpoblem relating to them.
I'm also using the -laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe  argument for the FNV4gb executable within MO as a workaround for the fail to write to memory of child process error, if that is of any use.

It's kind of hard to explain the graphical error I'm seeing, but it's always visual around the edges of some textures.  I get a sort of shimmering white line / sometimes a weird "popping" or flash of white on some textures (mostly edges of buildings, roofs, wooden trailers,fences, etc) and the problem still persists even with NMC's textures which I thought was strange, as it's affecting both vanilla and modded textures. 

I'll upload screenshots when I get a chance.

My system specs are as follows:

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

CPU - Intel Core i7-4820k @ 3.70GHz

Memory - 32.00GB

OS - Windows 8.1

I haven't been able to resolve this after hours of troubleshooting.  If anyone has any information that could be of any help I would very much appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  It's fairly hard to see when stood still, but notice on the wooden trailer, in between the planks, there's some sort of weird "speckling".It's not that noticeable now, but when you move it is far more visible.  (Middle & right images)

(Left Image) There's also a strange small, white "flash" towards the right of the image that randomly pops up.

EDIT 2:  The Fourthphoto (forgive the extreme darkness) shows the wooden trailer.  I loaded the game using NVSE only, through Mod Organizer with all my mods this time, and there are no issues.  

Added Fifth photo - Loaded FNV4GB through MO, with all mods.  You can see "speckles" on the trailer...these glitches sparkle and pop a lot while walking/running.

post-6307-0-13374100-1424207587_thumb.jpg

post-6307-0-01094200-1424207663_thumb.jpg

post-6307-0-44144900-1424207845_thumb.jpg

fallout.ini

FalloutPrefs.ini

initweaks.ini

post-6307-0-31816700-1424211094_thumb.jpg

post-6307-0-46897500-1424212242_thumb.jpg

Edited by ajjones93

13 answers to this question

I am marking this solved with the solution below, I can't mark the OP as solved.

SOLVED:  With the help from RoyBaatterian over on his nexus mod pags for Fallout |New Vegas 4GB Updated, this problem I was having has now been solved.  It turns out that it was a problem with my video driver not correctly detecting the game, due to the different file name.  I was instructed to download NVIDIA Inspector so I could add a profile for the FalloutMO.exe.  

After spending many hours trying to solve this, it turns out there was a simple solution.  Thanks again to Roy and everyone else who tried helping me with this.

Question. Do these graphical glitches occur when you DON'T use the FNV4Gb launcher? ie. game launched via MO still has them?

Hi Grant.  That's the strange thing, these glitches don't occur otherwise.  I can launch the default launcher, Fallout New Vegas and NVSE and I can even launch the 4GB launcher directly from its executable, outside of MO, without any problems.  

The only time I see these problems is when launching FNV4gb through Mod Organizer.

Could it be something to do with the arguments I have entered through MO?

Well you could give that a try but TBH, I'm finding it hard to understand what the connection is.

Yeah, I've been wracking my brain for hours over this.  It's hard to see what's causing this.....the only thing I can deduct is that it has something to do with FNV4gb, as I can replicate the issues.

Has there been a 4GB patch included with NVSE?  A long shot, but if there has, it could be causing issues.

Maybe it's ENB/ENBoost. Are you using that?

Unfortunately, no.  I'll try and see if anything else could be causing this, if not I'll start backing up my Mod Organizer folder and do a complete re-install and see if that resolves anything.

Thanks for the help though.

I've noticed there are a few .dll files in my installation director, they could pose a possible conflict that's causing this.  But then again, I was able to run FNV4gb from the install directory with no problems.

Here they are (Not including the NVSE .dll's):

atimgpud.dll

blinkw32.dll

GDFFalloutNV.dll

libvorbis.dll

libvorbisfile.dll

ssce5432.dll

atimgpud is an X-Fire thing. 

binkw32 is a video codec thing

libvorbis.dll is something to do with the GECK.

ssce5432.dll is also involved with the GECK.

Okay, thanks.  I wasn't sure what they were and didn't want to delete them just in case they were connected to the base game.