CK Load error V:0000065432

MKeener

Question

Trying to open CK through MO and I get "application load error V:0000065432". CK works fine through steam, just not through MO (meaning it can't see my mods). Tried verifying game cache of both CK & Skyrim. Also tried removing the ClientRegistry.blob in the Skyrim folder. I've uninstalled and reinstalled skyrim and MO about 4 times now so I'd rather rip out a kidney then do that again.... How do I get CK working again?

Ultimately, I'm looking for a way to give individual items unique enchantment visuals. I'm using Enchanted Arsenal, which is great, but I'd really like something like the Pale Blade to have a frost looking affect without having to change all Damage Stamina enchanted weapons in the game. If the visual were unique like Chillrend's is, I would be able to adjust the visual for just that one item with the MCM menu.

Edited by MKeener

7 answers to this question

As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some overly zealous or poorly developed anti-virus software is causing an issue.

Try this to see it helps at all:

• Run Mod Organizer
  • Click Modify Executable (the gears icon at the top)
  • Click the Creation Kit shortcut you created
  • Check Overwrite Steam AppID and enter 202480 in the textbox
  • Click Modify
  • Click Close

Now try to run Creation Kit and hopefully (crossing fingers) it actually runs this time.

That specific error # is usually due to a Steam update not fully applied, but since you say you have verified your game and CK since then I'm not sure why you're still getting it.

Are either Skyrim or MO installed into a UAC folder, ie. C:\Program Files (x86)? Perhaps Windows is now taking issue with these tools, but again not sure why it is doing so if it worked before. You could install MO into another folder or at worst run it as admin (though this shouldn't be tried as a fix all).

I just retried my CK via MO and although I had another verification issue, it does run for me which indicates this should just be a settings problem, not a software bug. 

Having Mod Organizer and Steam installed on a separate SSD is actually a good idea and should not cause any issues at all. I originally had them on a separate hard drive from Windows and never ran into any issues.

As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some overly zealous or poorly developed anti-virus software is causing an issue.

Try this to see it helps at all:

• Run Mod Organizer
  • Click Modify Executable (the gears icon at the top)
  • Click the Creation Kit shortcut you created
  • Check Overwrite Steam AppID and enter 202480 in the textbox
  • Click Modify
  • Click Close

Now try to run Creation Kit and hopefully (crossing fingers) it actually runs this time.

I know I am waking a dead thread but had to say thank you so much! I was driving myself crazy trying to figure this one out