Wrye Bash STEP guide bash patch creation

Techwolf

Question

There are several steps in the STEP guild about creating the bash patch. I am referring to this part: https://wiki.step-project.com/Bashed_Patch#Recommendations

step 4. "At the Deactivate these mods... prompt, click [OK]."

It does list a few mods to deactivate, deactivate those mods or not? That needs to be a bit more clearer.

set 5. "Tick the boxes next to "Merge Patches", "Import Names", "Import Stats", "Tweak Settings", and "Leveled Lists"."

Is it saying to checkbox or UN-checkbox those? When I did my bash patch, it was very small. Also, if an update to Wrye Bash change the defaults, the guild would be wrong.

step 10 "During the patching, WB disabled several mods. Only re-enable WM Trap Fixes.esp."

What about the mods/plugins disabled in step 4? My bash patch was very small and had to re-enable the mods/plugins disabled in 4 to get back some functions the mods/plugins provided.

2 answers to this question

Step 4:

Can't get much clearer. Just click OK. Leave everything else alone. Don't overthink it. :^_^:

Step 5:

Tick=Checked ...meaning make sure they are checked. If not, check them. In the event of an update, we would update the instructions. This is the same for any mod in STEP; nothing new for us.

I've changed to wording on this step to be more clear.

Step 10:

Only re-enable WM Trap Fixes.esp... If you had to re-enable the other mods, then your Bashed Patch was not made correctly. Recheck all plugins (even the dummy plugins), ensure you have "Have MO manage archives" unchecked on the MO Archives tab, ensure all the archives are checked on that tab, ensure your Overwrite folder is empty, delete your old Bashed Patch. Now redo it. Be sure you're doing the instructions in the MO Note on the page you linked.

My Bashed Patch is only 119KBs. The Patch is not going to be something that is big since it only contains text information in the form of records.

Step 4:

Can't get much clearer. Just click OK. Leave everything else alone. Don't overthink it. :^_^:

Can't help it when I used to work for customer support and had to work with some really crap docs.

Step 5:

Tick=Checked ...meaning make sure they are checked. If not, check them. In the event of an update, we would update the instructions. This is the same for any mod in STEP; nothing new for us.

I've changed to wording on this step to be more clear.

BINGO!!! That what I doing wrong. Tick mean tick it with a mouse click. I was ticking them off.

Step 10:

Only re-enable WM Trap Fixes.esp... If you had to re-enable the other mods, then your Bashed Patch was not made correctly. Recheck all plugins (even the dummy plugins), ensure you have "Have MO manage archives" unchecked on the MO Archives tab, ensure all the archives are checked on that tab, ensure your Overwrite folder is empty, delete your old Bashed Patch. Now redo it. Be sure you're doing the instructions in the MO Note on the page you linked.

The problem was fixed due to above error.

My Bashed Patch is only 119KBs. The Patch is not going to be something that is big since it only contains text information in the form of records.

Mine was 250 bytes. So I knew something wasn't quiet right.

ARG!! This forum editor didn't separate quoted from my text...sorry for the hard to follow text there.

Edited by Techwolf