Questions regarding ENB and Nvidia Inspector

reddvilzz

Question

I've read a couple of comments and posts saying using Ambient Occlusion by forcing through Nvidia Inspector is possible and less performance hit than enb's while boris said in the enbdev forum clarifying Ambient Occlusion through third party software is performance intensive is it true?

I'm having 35 - 40 fps outside so I'm looking for anything that could help me increase the fps with Vividian ENB performance version.

I'm also a little confused on how overlapping features will affect the game. Ex: AF, AA in enb and third party software which one is performance intensive?

Also does SSAO means AO in enb?

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

I've seen no positive results by attempting to force AO via the drivers. In fact, most of the things your try to force has no or negative effects. The only thing I recommend using the driver version over others is AF.

As for ENB's AA and AF, they're fairly light on performance but not the best. The ENB AA will actually cause some fuzziness similar to FXAA. For AA, I recommend SMAA which has several presets to choose from.

SSAO is "screen space ambient occlusion" and is what ENB uses. Personally, with a GTX 750ti I would skip the AO in favor of better performance.

I've seen no positive results by attempting to force AO via the drivers. In fact, most of the things your try to force has no or negative effects. The only thing I recommend using the driver version over others is AF.

As for ENB's AA and AF, they're fairly light on performance but not the best. The ENB AA will actually cause some fuzziness similar to FXAA. For AA, I recommend SMAA which has several presets to choose from.

SSAO is "screen space ambient occlusion" and is what ENB uses. Personally, with a GTX 750ti I would skip the AO in favor of better performance.

So it is better to enable AF in driver then disable the one of Skyrim.ini/Skyrimprefs.ini? Not sure if ENB has it as well. Also the same as AA, if I enable SMAA then I can just disable ENB AA completely then?

I might have to test how's the performance on SMAA first.

I was planning on it but the game just looks so ugly without it and also it increase 4 - 5 fps top after I test it, that's even with reflection effect and detailed shadow off while without enb I can get 130fps if I disable frame limit. I was't sure what effects I should disable anymore but also not making the game looks so vanilla.

Edited by reddvilzz

The STEP Guide has you using AF via the drivers so you would turn it off in the INIs and in ENB. For AA, you can choose to use ENB AA or SMAA. If you SMAA, you can still use ENB AA for added quality or turn it off.

The first effect in ENB to disable that will cause the most performance impart is SSAO.

The STEP Guide has you using AF via the drivers so you would turn it off in the INIs and in ENB. For AA, you can choose to use ENB AA or SMAA. If you SMAA, you can still use ENB AA for added quality or turn it off.

The first effect in ENB to disable that will cause the most performance impart is SSAO.

okay thanks for the explanation @Tech appreciate it.