FOSE crashes loading through MO (Fallout 3)

karamille

Question

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything that quite matched my situation. 

I've successfully used MO for Oblivion and SkyrimSE, and I thought it was working alright with FO3 as well, up until I tried to actually launch the game. 

FOSE runs fine if launched outside of MO, but from MO it immediately pops up with "A component of the Fallout Script Extender has stopped working". 

I've used LOOT to sort load order before trying to launch anything. 

4 answers to this question

You should check with Windows task manager, you will probably see an executable that was launched through MO was not closed after the crash. FOSE can't hook into the game if it is still in memory and thus the error message. In any case MO should be Restarted. This should be done for any executable that crashes from MO.

Oh. I'll be damned. It is MO2. I never even noticed, assumed that if it was 2, it'd say so! Well then. I'll see about swapping to 1.3 then. 

@GSDFan, it crashes regardless of whether I've only just opened MO or not, I restarted it a lot due to a separate issue that's only mildly irritating and is something I can live with. But perhaps I won't have the issue using the other version of MO that apparently I should have been using anyway. We shall see.