Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Good Morning.

"Mod Organizer 2: Base Profile Creation" Step #3 - The 2nd sentence has "Vanilla Skyrim" in it when it should be "Vanilla Skyrim SE".

yep and fixed

DarkladyLexy, I found the 'other half' of this error earlier today, but was reluctant to pester you with it.  The 2nd line in the window just below the "Creating Legacy Of The Dragonborn: Special Edition Profile" section header read:  Select "Vanilla Skyrim" then click [Copy].  This was 'linked' to the error I posted about this morning.  I've already corrected the error.

Edited by Decopauge123

DarkladyLexy, I've found and corrected 2 minor errors in the 2 'windows' at the bottom of the Clean the Bethesda ESM's Section.

In the 1st window, I put quotes around the profile name to give it the same treatment other profile names receive.

* Verify the "Legacy Of The Dragonborn - Special Edition" profile is the currently selected.

In the 2nd window, I changed the profile name "Skyrim Revisited" to "Legacy Of The Dragonborn - Special Edition".

* Running the "Legacy Of The Dragonborn - Special Edition" profile through Mod Organizer with "SKSE" selected in the drop-down results in a SKSE enabled experience using the cleaned base ESM files.

Edited by Decopauge123

For the DynDOLOD Pre-Req Section, I'm getting confused on this part;

1. Once the above is done both TexGen64 and DynDOLODx64 can be added as excutables in Mod Organizer 2
  2. Add to the Arguments -sse

For #1, when I add these to MO2 am I pointing to the shortcuts I just edited or the actual .exe's?

For #2, I'm guessing if I'm adding the arguments in in MO2 then the answer to #1 is "no".  But, if that's the case, why did I make the shortcuts?  Aren't I only going to use these tools inside MO 2?

Apologies if I'm over analyzing here.

-Xaxilis

When we were testing we had issue with the portable version of MO2 found it a bit buggy. So what we did was when we wanted to use Merge Plugin we would switch to the portable version do there merge then switch back.

Lexy got an Answer from TechAngel about that cos she was unsure as well.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12363-techs-skyrim-special-edition-guide/?p=213816

hey tech something I need clearing up if we are adding TexGen64.exe and DynDOLODx64.exe to MO2 excuteabes do we really need to create Shortcuts first in the DynDOLOD folder?

Yes, if not, it'll still run for Skyrim LE. Don't be fooled by the naming. The x64 versions are just so the programs can take advantage of the extra resources that come with 64-bit systems. It has nothing to do with the bit version of the game being run (32-bit vs 64-bit). The "-sse" argument is simply telling the program to look in/at/use an alternative path.

TechAngel's answer does not (for me) clear up the question of whether we are to point MO2 at the shortcuts or at the executables.  DarkladyLexy's question asked about the need for creating the shortcuts, not at which MO2 should be pointed.

Edited by Decopauge123

In the Prerequisites' 'GPU Driver Settings' section, there were two incorrectly named settings, which I have corrected.  The setting values are correct, but the names do not match those found in NVidiaInspector.

* Texture Filtering-Anisoptropic Sample: On           changed to     * Texture Filtering-Anisoptropic Sample Optimization: On* Texture Filtering- Triliear: On                     changed to     * Texture Filtering- Triliear Optimization: On

Edited by Decopauge123

Nice to see you back Razoredge. Yes I have borrowed stuff from Tech too I have given him credit and gave you one too as you laid some of the groundwork for me.

Yes, I noticed. Thank you. Everything I know I have learned from the community, so it is everyone else that deserves credit. You know I have been following your new guide seeing what direction it goes. I noticed you are extracting some BSA's in order to get rid of fake esp's. I was just thinking yesterday that I thought I read you could extract esps with MO2 but am not sure. I might try tonight to see what happens. 

I am also going to apologize now because as I read my posts I notice they have a lot of fragmented thought. I have super poor communication skills when it comes to typing

DarkladyLexy, in the Prerequisites' [Wrye Bash] section, you point to the Skyrim Nexus for the Wyre Bash 307 beta1 archive:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1840?tab=files

That archive is also available on the Special Edition Nexus as an Old File download: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6837?tab=files

I have not made this correction for this reason.

lol yeah thanks xxPYROxxJONESxx there are bound to be tons of spelling and grammar errors, I am notoriously bad with my spelling and grammar. I have also said I have no objections to anyone that wishes to edit my spelling and grammar the only thing I ask is don't update mod versions or change mods listed.

Edited by Decopauge123

DarkladyLexy, in the Prerequisites' [Wrye Bash] section, you point to the Skyrim Nexus for the Wyre Bash 307 beta1 archive:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1840?tab=files

That archive is also available on the Special Edition Nexus as an Old File download: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6837?tab=files

I have not made this correction for this reason.

no i do mean to used the older Wrye Bash beta 1 cos when i tested Wrye bash beta 2 it was a bit crashy with SSE.

Yes, if not, it'll still run for Skyrim LE. Don't be fooled by the naming. The x64 versions are just so the programs can take advantage of the extra resources that come with 64-bit systems. It has nothing to do with the bit version of the game being run (32-bit vs 64-bit). The "-sse" argument is simply telling the program to look in/at/use an alternative path.

TechAngel's answer does not (for me) clear up the question of whether we are to point MO2 at the shortcuts or at the executables.  DarkladyLexy's question asked about the need for creating the shortcuts, not at which MO2 should be pointed.

when I added the executables only the originals showed up and not the shortcuts so i add them plus added the Argument -sse.

Yes, I noticed. Thank you. Everything I know I have learned from the community, so it is everyone else that deserves credit. You know I have been following your new guide seeing what direction it goes. I noticed you are extracting some BSA's in order to get rid of fake esp's. I was just thinking yesterday that I thought I read you could extract esps with MO2 but am not sure. I might try tonight to see what happens. 

I am also going to apologize now because as I read my posts I notice they have a lot of fragmented thought. I have super poor communication skills when it comes to typing

Well when I was testing it was crashing when I extracted BSAs through MO2. I spoke with the MO2 team and they told the the BSA extractor for MO2 doesn't work properly and I should use BAE instead.

no i do mean to used the older Wrye Bash beta 1 cos when i tested Wrye bash beta 2 it was a bit crashy with SSE.

when I added the executables only the originals showed up and not the shortcuts so i add them plus added the Argument -sse.

I understand, and thank you for the information.  Now I can do the same.  :-)

Edited by Decopauge123

After I installed [skyUI 5.2SE] is when I discovered that to access the 'Quit' option at the bottom of the System tab, one must scroll down.  The 9 options listed on the System tab fit on the screen after the list is scrolled down.

Hmmm, sounds like a trip to see what others have said about the System Tab's default position.

After I installed [skyUI 5.2SE] is when I discovered that to access the 'Quit' option at the bottom of the System tab, one must scroll down.  The 9 options listed on the System tab fit on the screen after the list is scrolled down.

Hmmm, sounds like a trip to see what others have said about the System Tab's default position.

that's normal.

No Poison Prompt Message SE alpha

https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14690?

Just released, may be worth testing though.

I'll let Lexy Know so she can add it to her test build

Posted 18 minutes ago

Decopauge123, on 17 Jan 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:snapback.png

that's normal.

OK, thanks.  That's what I found out during my search.

hey guys some of you aren't going to like me for this but after watching Dirty Weasels latest MO2 installation video I decided to nuke my MO2 install and start again. This time placing MO2 in Steam\steamapps\common\Mod Organizer 2 and selected the "portable mode" from there I was able to redirect my downloads path to my normal location. So I am now thinking this could be a better idea since we would need switch to portable for Merge plugins anyway.

The whole reason why is 1st chose a new instance was because i coudln't change the downloads directory but now i can so in the long run think this will be better.

there are also some C++ redistributable you need which i didn't realize were needed until i watched the video so I'll add them too.