Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Running through all the steps in the guide now and here's something that may be useful to include.  There are many textures that need to be deleted or hidden, as is noted for each mod that needs it, but there's an easy way to do it if you don't want to actually delete the files or individually click on each file in MO2 and mark as hidden.

1. Open Powershell in the folder that contains the .tga files

This folder for example:

\mods\OMEGA AIO\textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint\OMEGA Populated.esp

2. Type the following command:

dir *.tga | rename-item -newname {[io.path]::ChangeExtension($_.name,"tga.mohidden")}

Every .tga file in that folder will be changed to .tga.mohidden in less than a second.

you should of remove .tga files otherwise you are just wasting space.

Further Update

It appears that LOOT was the issue, with Trees and Flora Merged at the end of the load list all is great no broken Textures if I let LOOT place it, which it does pretty high in the list then the Textures get messed up.

Though still would like to know if I should be getting the missing texture messages in DynDOLOD

did you make sure all assets ie original mod remove active in the Left Pane? Some messages about missing texture perfectly normal

Hi there Lexy and everyone.

I decided to update Skyrim (haven't been playing since summer) and completely ruined my beloved save (infinite loading screen, haven't been able to get to the bottom of it despite trying for a few days). RIP Freya Wolfsbane.

I'm strongly considering starting anew with this guide for my end-all, be-all, slow, deliberate, meditative playthrough of Skyrim (not playing that often, so I'll play on that save for many months, or perhaps even more than a year). However, I notice that this guide is frequently updated, and occasionally explicitly requires starting a new save, which is just completely out of the question for me. Also, mod updates are dangerous anyway (in case of trouble, it seems particularly difficult to roll back to last known good state when there are lots of merges and other tools in the update process), not to mention that frequent updates take a lot of time I simply don't want to spend on a regular basis. So I'll likely be following this guide exactly once and then never updating.

My question to Lexy is this: Is right now a good time for that, or should I wait a week or month for some known major mod/tooling update that might be in the works?

(Remember, I need stability, so if a big addition to the guide is just around the corner but it'll be many months before it's stable, I'll probably do without.)

Edited by MiSP

Hi there Lexy and everyone.

I decided to update Skyrim (haven't been playing since summer) and completely ruined my beloved save (infinite loading screen, haven't been able to get to the bottom of it despite trying for a few days). RIP Freya Wolfsbane.

I'm strongly considering starting anew with this guide for my end-all, be-all, slow, deliberate, meditative playthrough of Skyrim (not playing that often, so I'll play on that save for many months, or perhaps even more than a year). However, I notice that this guide is frequently updated, and occasionally explicitly requires starting a new save, which is just completely out of the question for me. Also, mod updates are dangerous anyway (in case of trouble, it seems particularly difficult to roll back to last known good state when there are lots of merges and other tools in the update process), not to mention that frequent updates take a lot of time I simply don't want to spend on a regular basis. So I'll likely be following this guide exactly once and then never updating.

My question to Lexy is this: Is right now a good time for that, or should I wait a week or month for some known major mod/tooling update that might be in the works?

(Remember, I need stability, so if a big addition to the guide is just around the corner but it'll be many months before it's stable, I'll probably do without.)

The mod this guide is based around, Legacy of the Dragonborn, should be having its final update to v5 within the next couple months, which will be a major overhaul and will require a new game to be started. I haven't noticed Lexy changing things up to the point of requiring a new game too often; it just so happens that it occurred twice in quick succession just recently. I think once LoTD v5 comes out that will be a lot less of an issue once everything gets updated around it.

i also have problems with one purple texture issue :(

Lexy pls help. which texture is missing here

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5357/kwy5hjz5_jpg.htm

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5357/cdx264w8_jpg.htm

Memoso, can you open the console and click on one of the purple objects?  The first two digits of the object id (shown top center of the console screen iirc) should lead you to the missing textures.  They will be associated with the mod's load order. Find the mod and try to download/reinstall it. (Actually, try to click on a few of those purple things to make sure you're really selecting the problematic objects.  It's sometimes easy to select the wrong object in the console.)

I'd appreciate any insight anyone can offer on a specific section of the guide: under the WICO section, it says to delete "meshes\actors\character\character assets\femaleheadraces.tri" after the BSA is extracted.  Why is this suggested?

Although I'm following the guide somewhat closely, I'm trying this install with Vortex and, more importantly, I have skipped some mods in the guide and added others.  Hence, I can't follow the guide's suggestions blindly - I have to understand the "why" behind each step.  I know it's not the responsibility of everyone on this forum to help me with my "off-the-books" install, but I'd appreciate any help!

I'd appreciate any insight anyone can offer on a specific section of the guide: under the WICO section, it says to delete "meshes\actors\character\character assets\femaleheadraces.tri" after the BSA is extracted.  Why is this suggested?

Although I'm following the guide somewhat closely, I'm trying this install with Vortex and, more importantly, I have skipped some mods in the guide and added others.  Hence, I can't follow the guide's suggestions blindly - I have to understand the "why" behind each step.  I know it's not the responsibility of everyone on this forum to help me with my "off-the-books" install, but I'd appreciate any help!

I can't fully remember now pretty sure it either a conflict or unused by SSE like .tga files are.

I understand I'm like 10,000 pages behind but I'm trying to set up the guide by following instructions and watching the Phoenix Sunstar videos.  Firs makor hiccough I'm aware of is when I go to clean the Claralux esp, I get one ITM, not nineteen.  I thought I did it the way the guide says the first time, but after seeing one I found his update video for that one and step by step copied him and it still came out 1 for me where it was 19 for him.  Any advice?  Anything in particular I might have messed up prior to this?

I understand I'm like 10,000 pages behind but I'm trying to set up the guide by following instructions and watching the Phoenix Sunstar videos.  Firs makor hiccough I'm aware of is when I go to clean the Claralux esp, I get one ITM, not nineteen.  I thought I did it the way the guide says the first time, but after seeing one I found his update video for that one and step by step copied him and it still came out 1 for me where it was 19 for him.  Any advice?  Anything in particular I might have messed up prior to this?

cleaning mods have changed from the way the video shows you now use the Quick Auto Clean instance of xEdit you setup in the prerequisites. This will run and remove what it needs to remove.

Memoso, can you open the console and click on one of the purple objects? The first two digits of the object id (shown top center of the console screen iirc) should lead you to the missing textures. They will be associated with the mod's load order. Find the mod and try to download/reinstall it. (Actually, try to click on a few of those purple things to make sure you're really selecting the problematic objects. It's sometimes easy to select the wrong object in the console.)

Thx a Lot for your answer. I will check this. :)

The mod this guide is based around, Legacy of the Dragonborn, should be having its final update to v5 within the next couple months

Thanks for the input! Though release dates being what they are, is this the kind of "next couple of months" that could mean "perhaps in a year"?

I would also be very interested in hearing Lexy's thoughts on my question. :)

Thanks for a great and thorough guide, by the way!

Thanks for the input! Though release dates being what they are, is this the kind of "next couple of months" that could mean "perhaps in a year"?

I would also be very interested in hearing Lexy's thoughts on my question. :)

Thanks for a great and thorough guide, by the way!

we are issuing a change to horses probably next week that might require a new start. We are swapping from convenient horses to Immersive horses