Problem when trying to use install FOMOD mods from Fear and Loathing!

IrishImperator

Question

Hi All!

Apologies if the issue is glaringly obvious, this is my first post, I don't mod very often and this is my first time using MO. I've looked around the forum and found similar issues but none specifically like this.

I'm trying to install the mods in the guide (Fear and Loathing) in order, but when I attempt to install any FOMOD mods, Project Nevada being a prime example, I can't install it as MO tells me there's "no files in installed mod".

I'm downloading directly from Nexus, and have installed the updated NCC files ect in order for MO to communicate with Nexus properly. I've also went through all my .dll and .exe in MO root folder to make sure they are unblocked as a precaution, and have disabled my anti-virus. The mod downloads fine, the installation seems to be the sticking point. I have tried other FOMOD mods such as MCM and the issue remains.

The image below is my log from MO from the point I open it, download Project Nevada and attempt to install it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Irish

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:IrishImperator/SystemSpecs

Seems the image didn't upload with the initial post, apologies!

post-14118-0-08040500-1553909198_thumb.png

12 answers to this question

I think I may just scrap what i've installed so far and do a fresh install of MO and work from there at this point, probably my best bet since it's a rogue plugin most likely causing it!

As a side note, I used both of these downloads in order to get MO to communicate properly with Nexus, log in, download etc, could they be the issue? Is there something else I should be using? The one from github is an NCC specific download to fix an "unable to obtain public key for strongnamekeypair" error I was getting, the nexus link is to fix MO not communicating with Nexus properly.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194?tab=files - Mod organizer 1 legacy

https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/719 - The github link posted by Tannin

Thanks for the help thusfar regardless :)

It's been too long since I used Mod Organizer 1.3.15 and I never use the Download with Manager link so I had forgotten all about this issue.

UPDATE.

Found a thread about the same plugin error on github for MO2, deleted the NexusClientCLI.exe from the NCC folder in the MO root and I can now install the FOMOD installer mods manually, not exactly perfect but saves me having to utilise two mod managers until I can find a permanent solution! :)

Will make sure to update the post if I find one, if not, any other suggestions are welcome! :)

Have you tried using Mod Organizer 2.1.6? I haven't tried with the Fear and Loathing and Clear and Present Danger guides yet, but the primary difference is that loose files always win and any BSAs must have an associated ESP to be used by the game.

Click Configure settings and workarounds (the screwdriver/wrench icon), click the Plugins tab, scroll down and select Fomod Installer. Ensure enabled is true and prefer is true. When you install Project Nevada, you should see a popup saying it's running external installer.

Thanks for the suggestion Greg, probably should have added in my initial post that I have checked and ensured both are set to true. I actually get the pop up you mention and the installer for Project Nevada launches. It's only after I click on install on the Project Nevada installer, whether it's all the modules or just the core one, that it fails and I get the last line (no files in installed mod) you see in my above picture of the MO log! 

Very confusing to say the very least :(

Edited by IrishImperator

I think the "failed to load plugin installer_ncc.dll" in your log file is a bad omen and may be the cause of the problem, but I have no idea what is preventing this plugin from loading. It looks as if there may be more text on this line that may provide some relevant information. This plugin is loading fine on my system and I get this in the log (although I'm installing from a local drive instead of downloading from Nexus):

18:11:27 [D] displaying main window
18:11:27 [D] close F:/Games/Fallout New Vegas/MO2/profiles/Default/plugins.txt
18:11:36 [D] mod id guessed: Project Nevada 2_5-40040-2-5.7z -> -1
18:11:36 [D] passed mod id: 0, guessed id: -1
18:11:36 [D] using mod name "Project Nevada" (id 0) -> P:/Games/Bethesda/Fallout New Vegas/Gameplay Effects and Changes/Project Nevada/Project Nevada 2_5-40040-2-5.7z
18:11:36 [D] Opened  "P:/Games/Bethesda/Fallout New Vegas/Gameplay Effects and Changes/Project Nevada/Project Nevada 2_5-40040-2-5.7z"  using  "7z"  (from signature)
18:11:39 [D] running F:\Games\Fallout New Vegas\MO2\NCC\NexusClientCLI.exe -g FalloutNV -p "F:\Games\Fallout New Vegas\MO2\profiles\Default" -gd "f:\gog games\fallout new vegas" -d "F:\Games\Fallout New Vegas\MO2\overwrite"  -i "P:\Games\Bethesda\Fallout New Vegas\Gameplay Effects and Changes\Project Nevada\Project Nevada 2_5-40040-2-5.7z" "F:\Games\Fallout New Vegas\MO2\mods\Project Nevada"
18:11:48 [D] brought window to front
18:12:36 [D] Installation successful

I think I may just scrap what i've installed so far and do a fresh install of MO and work from there at this point, probably my best bet since it's a rogue plugin most likely causing it!

As a side note, I used both of these downloads in order to get MO to communicate properly with Nexus, log in, download etc, could they be the issue? Is there something else I should be using? The one from github is an NCC specific download to fix an "unable to obtain public key for strongnamekeypair" error I was getting, the nexus link is to fix MO not communicating with Nexus properly.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194?tab=files - Mod organizer 1 legacy

https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/719 - The github link posted by Tannin

Thanks for the help thusfar regardless :)

Edited by IrishImperator

UPDATE.

Found a thread about the same plugin error on github for MO2, deleted the NexusClientCLI.exe from the NCC folder in the MO root and I can now install the FOMOD installer mods manually, not exactly perfect but saves me having to utilise two mod managers until I can find a permanent solution! :)

Will make sure to update the post if I find one, if not, any other suggestions are welcome! :)

Edited by IrishImperator

Not saying this is the problem, but from the picture you have MO installed in the games directory. MO should be installed in its own directory away from Windows UAC controlled folders. It has been proven that installing MO in the games directory will interfere with the virtual file system of MO.

It's been too long since I used Mod Organizer 1.3.15 and I never use the Download with Manager link so I had forgotten all about this issue.

Have you tried using Mod Organizer 2.1.6? I haven't tried with the Fear and Loathing and Clear and Present Danger guides yet, but the primary difference is that loose files always win and any BSAs must have an associated ESP to be used by the game.I've decided

I've decided to try out 2.1.6 with the guide, i've looked into it and i'm hoping any issues with compatibility will either be minimal or non-existant, thanks for the help thusfar!

Not saying this is the problem, but from the picture you have MO installed in the games directory. MO should be installed in its own directory away from Windows UAC controlled folders. It has been proven that installing MO in the games directory will interfere with the virtual file system of MO.

It said in the guide to place the install into the NV root but i'll avoid it in future as a precaution!

It's rather unfortunate but a lot of the older guides recommended Mod Organizer in the game folder. I'm not aware of any issues with Mod Organizer 1.3.15, but Mod Organizer 2's virtual file system does not work correctly when installed in the game folder. It's generally best to install Mod Organizer and all the tools in their folder structure (say something like C:\Tools) away from Steam and the game.

It's rather unfortunate but a lot of the older guides recommended Mod Organizer in the game folder. I'm not aware of any issues with Mod Organizer 1.3.15, but Mod Organizer 2's virtual file system does not work correctly when installed in the game folder. It's generally best to install Mod Organizer and all the tools in their folder structure (say something like C:\Tools) away from Steam and the game.

I ended up just installing MO2 and it worked perfectly, the only problem i'm having now is cleaning stuff through FNVEdit with the Qucik Clean functionality, considering I can't (as far as i'm aware) run that through MO2 itself.