Red tint on skin

Justin_Z

I am having some issues and hope there may be some thoughts

After installing the core guide mods, I started up and ran through Helgen to Riverwood and everything seemed alright, although everyone had very reddish skin. I thought maybe then installing an ENB might help this so I added Ragnar's Vivid ENB per the guide, but it actually worsened everything. Thinking this was a lighting issue, I removed ELE and unchecked the esps dependent on it. Everyone was a lot less red but still had a tinge--unchecking subsurface scattering in the ENB menu was effective in getting rid of it entirely.

But I'm confused why ELE would've caused such strange behaviour with actors' skin in the first place. Any insights? I don't *just* have the core guide mods installed but 99%, so I don't know how it could be something besides ELE, especially since removing it solved the problem. Should I try reinstalling it with different options? Try a different lighting mod like ELFX?

Thanks for any ideas.

Do you have any extra mods altering NPCs? ELE only alters imagespaces and lighting templates, so it's possible it's causing something, but a red tint on skin is a new one. Never heard of such an issue with ELE (or any lighting mod for that matter). NPCs look normal on my system so I can only assume it's something on your end causing the issue. Are you using the Lighting and Weather Patch?

Thanks for the reply, and for splitting this into the correct forum.

Yes, I am using both patches. I decided to uninstall and reinstall ELE and this was actually effective for some reason--who knows why. Then again, mysteries when it comes to interactions between Skyrim mods are nothing new. At my first attempt at installing with the guide I crashed every time I approached Riverwood and couldn't figure out what was causing it. This time? No problem at all. Very strange indeed!