Detailed Rugs clean is overwritten by Skyrim Realistic Overhaul

aragonit

• 2 weeks later...

That's intended. The quality is about the same, but SRO is closer to vanilla, thus meets the STEP Mandates more than DR. DR is more of a stylistic change.

From what I've seen, this leads to carpets with black lines at the edge in jorrvaskr since Detailed Rugs comes with some carpet meshes that vanilla textures like SRO are not compatible with. Tested it by deactivating Detailed Rugs as well as giving it priority over SRO, both fixed the issue. So we could either install Detailed Rugs after SRO or hide certain meshes from the Detailed Rugs mod.

From what I've gathered both ingame and through testing with nifskope, the meshes to consider are all jorrvaskr specific meshes from the Detailed Rugs mod (with the exception of the "wrskyforge01decorations01.nif" mesh), which are the following:

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrburialpyre01.nif

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrburialpyre01bodyholder01.nif

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrjorrvaskrrugendl01.nif

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrjorrvaskrrugendr01.nif

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrjorrvaskrrugsquare01.nif

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrjorrvaskrrugstr01.nif

So we could either give Detailed Rugs priority over SRO or hide the meshes mentioned above. I'd favour the latter. Can test it yourself :)

From what I've seen, this leads to carpets with black lines at the edge in jorrvaskr since Detailed Rugs comes with some carpet meshes that vanilla textures like SRO are not compatible with. Tested it by deactivating Detailed Rugs as well as giving it priority over SRO, both fixed the issue. So we could either install Detailed Rugs after SRO or hide certain meshes from the Detailed Rugs mod.

From what I've gathered both ingame and through testing with nifskope, the meshes to consider are all jorrvaskr specific meshes from the Detailed Rugs mod (with the exception of the "wrskyforge01decorations01.nif" mesh), which are the following:

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrburialpyre01.nif

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrburialpyre01bodyholder01.nif

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrjorrvaskrrugendl01.nif

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrjorrvaskrrugendr01.nif

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrjorrvaskrrugsquare01.nif

meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrclutter\wrjorrvaskrrugstr01.nif

So we could either give Detailed Rugs priority over SRO or hide the meshes mentioned above. I'd favour the latter. Can test it yourself :)

Thanks for your report! This is one of the reasons we've released as a Beta. Small things like this are easy to miss with only one tester.  ^_^ 

I've corrected it by moving Detailed Rugs to Models & Textures, thus, letting it overwrite everything.