Forging not giving Experience

VeeTeg

Question

Hello,

I am currently running the full STEP v0.2.0b installation and it has been running wonderfully.  The only issue I have encountered so far is that I am not able to gain smithing experience while using the forge.  It seems very hit or miss but what occurs is the following:  I will go to the forge and will craft (insert any weapon/armor/etc) and the first craft will give exp but then any subsequent crafts will no longer give exp. 

This also seems to be a know bug when reviewing the Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered nexus page. 

Is/has anyone else experienced this bug and if so are there any known fixes? 

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Ok, evidently this is a known issue now.  Directly from the mod page:

We are aware of the issue with experience bar not immediately updating upon crafting an item, which is a consequence of the way CCOR calculates experience via script. We hope to be able to address it in a future update, but it may or may not be something that can be fixed. While it may appear that you are not receiving experience, please note that our testing has confirmed that the experience is being added correctly. In order for the experience bar to update, however, you may need to move the cursor or click on another item.

I think the issue is deeper as I will craft a bunch of armor and the exp bar will not progress, which is the known issues as stated above, but it will still not level my smithing skill line.  I would expect that if it was purely a scripting issue that the skill would still trigger a level up with the appropriate amount of exp was gained.  

I did a little more testing and what I have found is the following:

When you initially craft an item your experience bar will not progress.  To get your experience bar to progress you need to move your cursor around rather aggressively.  After you have moved your cursor around you will see the experience bar progress.  I was able to level up my smithing line by following those steps.  Not ideal but seems to be a manageable work around. 

I did a little more testing and what I have found is the following:

When you initially craft an item your experience bar will not progress.  To get your experience bar to progress you need to move your cursor around rather aggressively.  After you have moved your cursor around you will see the experience bar progress.  I was able to level up my smithing line by following those steps.  Not ideal but seems to be a manageable work around. 

This just comes back around to what the author said, and you posted. You're still getting experience, it's just the bar isn't updating as it should be. You can likely check to ensure you're getting the experience by checking the value of some variable, which is likely how they tested to ensure the experience was still being given.