Where is my bashed patch (using MO)?

sabreone

Question

I followed Mark Hollis' tutorial on how to make a bashed patch with Wrye Bash and MO to a tee. When finished, everything seemed fine, but I can't find the patch anywhere. I checked the overwrite folder, nothing. I checked the profile folder, nothing too. The only bashed patch on my system is the one created in my data folder when I first launched Wrye Bash after installation.

Is there some hidden area where the patch is located? I have looked exhaustively in the FAQs, and I haven't sen anyone else yet with the same problem.

After spending the last two nights configuring everything perfect, ENB'ing, tes5edit cleaning, and Bossing, I'm now at a halt.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

I think if you launched WB outside of MO and created a bash patch, when you launch WB from MO it will use the patch you created outside of MO.

Make a backup of your bash patch from your Skyrim folder and delete it. Then run WB from MO and the patch should appear in the Overwrite folder. 

If there is one in the Data folder, it will write directly to that file. You would have to either delete or move that file in order for it to function as expected.

Like sabreone, trying to find out why there was no Bash Patch in my Overwrite folder, I spent many an hour reading and watching videos before I stumbled on this thread.

Perhaps, when you consider the experience level of the 'new' STEP Core user, there should be some mention of this possibility in the Note for MO Users at Step 3.A.2., or even a short paragraph in Step 4.A. Troubleshooting Common Problems.

So... I can't find my Bashed Patch. I created one. In fact, I'm looking right at it in my load order, but for mods, I can't find it. It's not in the Overwrite, and I don't want to move on to Extended until I figure out where it went. Anyone have any clues as to where I should look?

(Just to note: I may have configured Wrye Bash wrong when I installed it, so I'm going to reinstall it. Hopefully that'll help. If not, then I'd like some guess as to where I can look for it, so I can put it on my mod list.)

(Reinstalling, and configuration did not work.)

Edited by RedGalaxy00

Hi, I'm just going to string my question here since it is kinda on the same train of thought. I'm a long time Wrye Bash user and first time Mod Organizer user. I have followed the STEP guide and finally got to the final step but this final instruction has blended my brain into mush. Maybe somebody can explain it differently so that it makes sense to me. :facepalm:

A different Bashed Patch can be created for every MO profile, so it is advised to move the Bashed Patch and its data to a separate mod folder. Simply right click the "Overwrite" folder and select 'Create Mod', then name it. Example is STEP Core Bashed Patch. You will then need to check it to enable it. Each subsequent time you rebuild the patch, you must open Overwrite and drag the new files back to this mod.

So I went to the Mod Organizer folder and found the Overwrite folder and I found the Bashed Patch esp and a Docs folder. The instructions above say to right click the Overwrite folder and select Create Mod but I am not getting that option. Obviously I am not understanding this instruction correctly. :wallbash: Do I need to find the Overwrite Folder through Mod Organizer? :help:

The only reason I am even trying MO is to take advantage of the multiple profile feature so this part is important to me.

Thanks in advance for any help :thumbsup:

The only reason you shouldn't have the option to 'Create mod...' is if the "Overwrite" folder is empty.

Or if you are trying to invoke that context menu from within the 'Information Window' that opens when you examine the "Overwrite" folder.

In either case ensure you are looking at the left-hand pane with the mods listed, including "Overwrite", and right-click on that heading. If there are files in it you will have that option.

It should go without saying that a command found within MO means examining these things from within MO itself, not via explorer.