Purewaters.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
DiversePriests_ConsistentOlderPeoplePatch.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
hardargKadaj.esp

:D

9 answers to this question

We need to talk about your flair ... Now, you know it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Or... well, like <Me>, for example, has over three hundred mods, okay. And a terrific smile.

Bad Office Space paraphrasing aside, using the TES5Edit merge script, best practices and general knowledge from the STEP Forum, and a potentially dangerous level of bravado your number of plugins isn't neccesarily a concern. Available memory and papyrus load are most likely more important. Choose textures appropriate to your hardware (see the STEP guide for best practices on that) and avoid overloading yourself with scripts (see STEP Packs for users takes on good combinations of mods to extend STEP core).

• +1 1

You are already in the place that answered those questions for me. It wasn't quick or easy, took a lot of reading, asking questions on the forum, more reading, lots of trial and error, and of course I'm still learning. Switch to Mod Organizer (if you haven't already) and start building a STEP Core install. Expect to start and stop a few playthroughs while figuring out how dial things in, and have fun with the process.

• +1 1

Yup, quality is more important than quantity. 300 good solid relatively non-conflicting mods is far more stable than running one crap, bloat ridden poorly scripted mod. Add to the arsenal to defend stability: ENBoost and SSME (aka Sheson's Magic Fingers).

A dash of realism helps, if you have 2 GB of System RAM and a 512 GB VRAM GPU running on a potato...some restrictions may apply.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espSPERG.esmApachiiHair.esmApachiiHairMales.esmXFLMain.esmREGS - Resources.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmApachiiHairFemales.esmOmegared99-Compilation.esmTKChildren.esmTravellersOfSkyrim.esmdaymoyl.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espUnofficial High Resolution Patch.espOmegared99-WeaponSets.espFlansEyesForSkrim.espThe Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espBeards.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.espRealisticRoomRental-Basic.espSMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.espWarmongerArmory_Vanilla.espAHZmoreHUD.espImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.espConvenient Horses.espDelphine Makeover D2.espETaC - Complete.espDerrax_Gendered_Werewolves.espEpisodeParallax.espELE-FX Emittance.espSkyrim - Player Re-Voiced - Elven Races Complete - Male.espYASH_ImprovedClasses.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espRacialXPandSkillBonus.espHothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.espFCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.espXFLDialogue.espBrows.espDeadlyDragons.espImmersive Sounds - Magic.espMarcurioGB.espNB-Scars.espNo More Glowing Edges.espPresets 2-3.espRelightingSkyrim-FULL.espETaC - Dragon Bridge South.espETaC - Complete TK Children Patch.espELE Plugin - RS Light Color.espCloaks - Dawnguard.espWATER DG.espHelgen Imperial Armory.espForestAtronach.espBelrand by CrimsonFairy.espSMIM-DragonbornTernFix.espSMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.espSkyUI.espSmoking Torches.espSoul Gems Glow When Full.espSurilie and Argonian Wine.espTKChildren Merged USKP Patch.espTheEyesOfBeauty.espThundering Shouts.espTradeBarter.espTravellersOfSkyrim - Dragonborn Addon.espTravellersOfSkyrim - Vanilla.espWATER.espWarmongerArmory_DLC.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espDaedric Dawnbreaker.espSPERG.espOverride Speech.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espTrueGauldurAmulet.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espImmersive Weapons.espWarmongerArmory_LeveledList.espStandard-15Percent.espTalvas by CrimsonFairy.espBrothers.espREGS - Cities.espBHTNF_Eli.espGalen_werewolf.espRavenRockExpanded.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.espREGS - Better Docks.espSky Haven Temple M&M3.espInns and Taverns.espDawnofWindhelm.espBFT Ships and Carriages.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espRobedSteelPlateArmor.espWATER DB Waves.espSPERG Immersive Armors.espPopulated Dungeons Caves Ruins for USKP.espCloaks.espwhiterunmerged_tpos.espSMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.espRebirth Monster.espSkyFalls Dragonborn Small waterfalls.espImmersive Dragonborn.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.espTelvanniGuards.espUnderstone Keep Repair.espImmersive Orc Strongholds.espMammothManor.espPoint The Way.espUniqueBorderGates-All.espETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.espETaC - Complete BFT Patch.espBannered_Mare_Inn_Rooms.espAnruin.espPopulated Lands Roads Paths.espPopulated Forts Towers Places.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixes.espSkyTEST-RealisticAnimalBehavior.espChesko_Frostfall.espREGS - Better City Entrances.espCCO_Frostfall_Patch.espbeginnersshack.espWATER Plants.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espHoldBorderBanners.espHearthfireChimneys - ETaC.espCWIDawnDragonPatch.espMale Elven Followers Compilation V1.espDimitri by CrimsonFairy.espCWINPCImprovements.espOnmund.espWeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.espPrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp1nivWICCloaks.esp1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.espenchantedclothing.espImmersive Dawnguard.espWoollyRhino.esphigh hrothgar overhaul.espiNeed.espGildergreen Regrown.espImmersive Brigands.espApocalypse - The Spell Package.espApocalypse - SPERG Compatibility Patch.espUniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.espForgotten Windmill.espImmersive Factions.espLightsLakeviewManor.espSkBBP - Lore-Friendly Stats and Encumbrance.espiNeed-SurilieWine.espSmithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.espSPERG Weapons and Armor Complete.espXFLPlugins.espYASH_CombatAI.espYASH_OpenEncounterZones.espYetAnotherWerewolfImprovement_DG.espYield 2.0.espiHUD.espBashed Patch, 0.esp

I'm at 168 esp/esms now, I've been pruning things a bit.

My system: Intel i3570k, Radeon HD6850 1 GB VRAM, 8 GB System RAM, Windows 7/64 bit, SanDisk 120 GB SSD, 1 TB Standard HDD

Edited by Kuldebar
  • +1 1

I run a mod set up with about 400 mods - and that translates to about 225 plugins at the moment (I have more mods in testing currently, mainly for Dragonborn addon). My game is pretty stable. I do get an occasional CTD, but I don't think one can avoid crashes with a silly number of complex scripts running in game. Sometimes I won't crash for hours - I've had 5-6 hours long sessions without a single CTD or any glitch. 

Must say that the crashes are very rare and I am happy with what I have.

Now, for the best part. It took me about a YEAR to get my game to this state. I've started about 4 or 5 new games, and then ditched them after few levels, as I found errors and conflicts in my modlist as my character levelled. Each time I was able to get my character to a higher level until the game became unplayable. At this moment my character is level 30-something and it is highest level I achieved with this complex build. As said, my game is reasonably stable and hopefully it will remain that way (I want to finally experience end-game content!).

Also, over the course of this 1 year a couple solutions were developed that helped with stability (Sheson's patch as well as better understanding of how ENBoost works). But the main problem was the amount of conflicts. 

So yeah, 230 mods (or plugins, if that is what you meant) is perfectly fine, but it requires A LOT of work to grant compatibility (custom patches, merged ESPs) and a conscious sacrifice of the mods that just won't play nicely with conjunction with all the other mods you have installed (even though they may be perfectly fine and stable in a less complex mod set up).