Does reinstallation of mod in Mod Organizer overwrite?

Halde

Question

Hi all!

So because I'm doing everything in ways that makes sense to me, but might not make sense to others, I have installed my texture mods before optimizing them using DDSopt.

My plan was to optimize them after I've installed STEP, then reinstall them. But will they overwrite other mods, or will they abide to their order in the left list in Mod Organizer(since they are replaced, they will be installed directly into the priority as the unoptimized mod they replace)?

~Sincerely

Halde

4 answers to this question

The ones you install through mod organizer will override the ones you install into Data. The data version will still be there, but the MO ones will take priority in the MO's VFS

[edit]

Note that the first version you installed will still exist on the disc. So you'll be storing the textures twice. Which may not be a problem if disc space is plentiful...

I think you misunderstood. The OP is not very clear, so you're excused :D

I think Halde installed everything via MO, hence they haven't got any mods in SkyrimData folder (correct?).

To answer the question - when you will be reinstalling the textures MO will ask you if you want to Overwrite, Merge or Rename. Overwrite will do just that. Merge will overwrite any files with the same filename and add any new files (in this particular case it will be 100% overwrite, as there won't be any new files) and Rename will create a new mod in left hand pane with the new name. 

The beauty of MO is that you don't have to worry about overwriting mods, as each mod is stored in a separate folder, and you can modify the installation order in the left hand pane.

The ones you install through mod organizer will override the ones you install into Data. The data version will still be there, but the MO ones will take priority in the MO's VFS

[edit]

Note that the first version you installed will still exist on the disc. So you'll be storing the textures twice. Which may not be a problem if disc space is plentiful...

Edited by DocClox