aMidianBorn Content Addon Installation Question

AddictedxGamer

Question

When installing the aforementioned mod, the instructions for doing so leave me confused.

"Now install the Content Addon using the Improved Closefaced Helmets ESP."

When the mod opens in the Mod Organizer, you see the following tree.

Data

Improved Closefaced Helmets Version

AMB Book of Silence - Improved Closefaced Helmets.txt

aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp

Scripts

Meshes

Textures

aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp

aMidianBorn_ContentAddon_Installation directions.txt

On first install I disabled the last two files and left the two in the "Improved Closefaced Helmets Version" tree enabled. When I activated the mod in the left pane, the aMidianBorn_ContentAddon esp did not show up in the right pane. On second install, I left everything enabled. When I activated the mod in the left pane, the aMidianBorn_ContentAddon esp showed up in the right pane as it should have. But, was that the right one? I need the Improved Closefaced Helmets version of the esp.

Can someone walk me through the correct installation for this? I don't want to screw it up. One of my first instincts was to open the file in Win-Zip and remove the last two files, but that would likely cause the esp to be missing from the right pane again. If I right-click on the Improved Closefaced Helmets Version tree and set it as the Data Directory, everything else disappears (Scripts, Meshes, Textures, etc.), and I don't know if that's right either.

Thank you! ::):

Hopefully this will be successfully answered when I get home; I'm having my wisdom teeth out in about an hour, and could use good news to come home to, haha! ::P:

7 answers to this question

1. Disable the top level aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp

2. Drag and drop the aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp inside the Improved Closefaced Helmets Version folder to the top level and leave it selected

3. Ok

OR

1. Disable the top level aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp

2. OK

3. Double-click the mod, go to Optional ESPS, move the esp from the top to the bottom

1. Disable the top level aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp2. Drag and drop the aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp inside the Improved Closefaced Helmets Version folder to the top level and leave it selected3. Ok OR 1. Disable the top level aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp2. OK3. Double-click the mod, go to Optional ESPS, move the esp from the top to the bottom

So I start installing the mod, and uncheck aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp and aMidianBorn_ContentAddon_Installation directions.txt, then click okay to install the mod. Then I right-click it in the left pane, go to Information, and navigate to the Optional ESP tab. From there, I move the aMidianBorn_ContentAddon esp from the top pane to the bottom pane, and activate it in the right pane under the Plugins tab.Correct?

That would be the second method I posted, but why you want to remove the installation instructions?

Well, if the instructions aren't pertinent (seeing as I'm not using that version of the ESP), why install them too? I read them beforehand though (right-clicked and opened them).Thanks for the help! ::): 

'Cause you just gave them to him in a way he understood. :)

Clever!

LOL. Thanks.

In all seriousness though, thank you for the help. I know I post a lot of questions that probably have obvious answers, and are probably irritating to have to read and answer. That's why I appreciate it so much when people come through and help me out. So, thanks a lot! ::): :thumbsup: