DarnUI Support for FWE installation question

nex

hey again,

i'm just finishing up the Base UI mods section of Kelmych's guide. when i reached "DarnUI Support for FWE," i downloaded the file from the FWE and installed it

when installing it, however, the files want to install under the name "FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition" (the same mod name generated by FWE). subsequently, the DarnUI Support for FWE installation brings up a merge prompt. i went ahead and merged the files and i think this was the correct thing to do, but Kelmych's guide doesn't mention merging any files here

in the guide, the instructions for DarnUI Support for FWE read:

Installation: If this hasn't already been done, download "DarnUI_Support_for_FWE". Install this mod with MO.

below shows exactly how it appeared to me when i installed it:

9VmqJiN.png

gyKoRDG.png

g07fhUE.png

i'm wondering if i installed DarnUI Support for FWE incorrectly

OR

if i did install this correctly, could Kelmych could add some clarification to this section of the guide for future users?

Edited by nex

He actually does mention it in the Darnified UI install area. 

Finally, download "DarnUI_Support_for_FWE"; this should not be installed with the rest of the FWE mod but instead needs to be installed just before Adjustable HUD, as indicated a little later in the guide. This is done so the menus from this file are in the proper place for the UIO mod installed later.

Easy to miss though.

Yeah, I saw that part and waited until just before Adjustable HUD to install it, I just got confused because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to let it install as "FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition" or not because I wasn't instructed to merge it OR instructed to rename it

I added on to your original installation instructions, I tried to make it as clear as possible without being long winded

Installation: If this hasn't already been done, download "DarnUI_Support_for_FWE". When installing this mod with MO, by default, it will be named "FWE - FOE Wanderers Edition." It is critical that you rename it to something else (eg. "DarnUI Support for FWE") to prevent it from trying to merge with previously installed FWE files.

If I may continue on this thread with a question. 

The "DarnUI_Support_for_FWE" file includes an updated version of the DarNifiedUIF3.esp plugin (which already includes the DarNifiedUIF3 hotfix); this plugin will be used instead of the plugin from the DarNified F3 mod previously installed.

Is there any action to be taken in this step? Is the old  DarNifiedUIF3.esp overwritten or do I have to deactivate it or delete it?

If MMM is used, then when Creating a Bashed Patch select "FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm", then right click the bash tags window in the lower right of the Wrye Flash window and remove Names.

Am I suppost to do this step now or it will be done later in the guide when I create the Bashed Patch? And if later, it this an extra step I need to remember to do in addition to the bashed patch later in the guide?

I'm realizing this installation is going to be NOTHING like the Skyrim LE Revisited...  

Edited by mcshame

The steps provided for handling the DarnUI mod are there to deal with limitations in the UI menu system for Fallout 3/NV. The FWE Fomod looks for DarnUI when FWE is installed and if it doesn't find the DarNUI plugin already isntalled the FWE configuration is setup for a different UI mod. Thus you first install the normal DarNUI mod. If you then install the updated version of DarNUI at the same time as FWE there will be menu problems with UIO, so the note is included so users don't install the updated version pf DarNUI at the same time as FWE.  If someone is interested I can explain the issue in detail, but understandably few users want these details.

The menu system in Skyrim (Flash) is harder to setup but is much more versatile.

Removing the Names tag can be done any time in Wrye Bash, but it's most convenient to do it when making a bashed patch. Similar steps would be needed with some Skyrim mods when creating a bashed patch except Wrye Bash supports so few bash tags in Skyrim that this is rarely needed.

What are you finding as the main differences between using SR:LE and this guide, by the way?

It can be done any time in Wrye Bash, but it's most convenient to do it when making a bashed patch.

What are you finding as the main differences between using SR:LE and this guide, by the way?

I will need to gain a greater understanding of the tools used in this guide, or at least that is my perception at this early stage. Lots of options also, for example "if MMM is used" and since I have never played before, I don't have a frame of reference to make an informed decision while I did with Skyrim.  It's okay though, up for the experience.  I'll take the time to watch some more of the tutorials.

thanks for the response, very helpful. 

Edited by mcshame

I edited my response to answer the first question so read my updated response. I suggest using MMM, by the way, because it adds excellent NPC AI without having to use as much script heavy processing as the creature/NPC AI addons take. I'll change the guide to move this note since it should actually be in the bashed patch section.

Fallout has a much more full featured version of the bashed patch than Skyrim. In SR:LE there is a manually created patch provided for some of the major problems that the bashed patch might have handled. Even then there are a lost of small changes that would be good to include in a Skyrim compatibility patch that would take a while to create. Mator Smash should be able to do much of this soon, however.