ENBoost 6.0 Anticrash Heads Up and Question

Sakr3d

Question

Just a heads up that Boris released ENBoost 6.0 anticrash on the Nexus that added two new lines to the enblocal.ini:

DataSyncMode have the range of 0..2 at this moment, this is not boolean variable. Value=0 disables patch

PriorityMode have the range of 0..4 at this moment, this is not boolean variable. Value=0 disables patch

Now I've read the description several times. I'm still not sure I get exactly what this is doing. :blush: 

10 answers to this question

Reading through the description and "reading between the lines" it appears that this is primarily a performance enhancing option which by all accounts should ''after it's updated more'' be far superior to the current ENBoost.  As boris mentioned on his mod page, he has no real world test values to call upon to give an accurate reading on any system but his own, so he's relying upon the community to do what they do best and find the best variables for individual systems, whether this will help with ExpandSystemMemoryx64 and DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB issues remain to be seen, but that is something that could be tested by you or someone else to ascertain whether it is a viable solution or whether a more detailed workaround would be possible, I will likely get into testing the values/variables out in the next couple of days when I have some free time to properly experiment.

Edited by Rebel47

Boris said

"..DataSyncMode=0 and PriorityMode=0 means all new patches are disabled. Range of values are 0..2 and 0..4 for first and second parameters. I can't describe what they do, that's why did numbers as selectors instead of many booleans, every mode toggles different code. In general, first parameter is more important for stability, second for issues with physics and scripts (also second parameter is heavily depends on cpu and os). And i can't answer which setting to use, because don't have testers, for me DataSyncMode=1 and PriorityMode=0 is enough, though using Win7 x64 with intel 4 cores CPU without HT and i expect HT systems and Win10 need to use different PriorityMode at least...."

i'm an old gamer (since ultima II so...) but i think i'm not old enough for understanding fully this man.

;-)

• +1 1

Technically if you use ENB V.0303 then this is automatically included and unless the settings are changed to values which are ultimately detrimental to the performance of your game then it should not cause any issues, as the lines are included in the latest enblocal supplied with V.0303 ENB binary.