MO 2.0.4a Fallout 4 Archive Invalidation

avalon

Question

How do you archive invalidate FO4 mods with the latest MO alpha? I set it up with several mods, the game is launched successfully but mod textures and models are not appearing. Anyone know a workaround to invalidate manually so that it works with MO?

4 answers to this question

I think I got it working. I had to add

[Archive]
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

to the fallout4.ini as well. It was written in fallout4custom.ini but that alone didn't work.
I have to mention that with FO4 having now three ini files with many of the same parameters in each is beyond confusing!

Edit: also it seems that MO must stay running for this to work. Using a shortcut to deskltop that instantly launches the game via MO seems not to do this successfully.
Edited by avalon

MO also has a feature that uses ini tweaks from mods and compiles them into one file for the game at launch. I put the ones you mentioned there and also include sInvalidationFile= also.

You can read up on how to do  ini tweaks in section 6.4 Context Menu of the wiki. Scroll down to Some context on Ini Tweaks.

Thanks for the link Jarl! Looking forward to the progress of MO! It's the best mod manager IMHO. Only for Oblivion (Steam version) I still have to use NMM since MO seems to not be able to get the archive invalidation right for it (these ini fixes arent't part of Oblivion, right?)

Well, I'm confused! Today many of of my graphics mods suddenly don't work again. I have this in all three ini files to be sure:

[Archive]
sResourceDataDirsFinal=     
sInvalidationFile=
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

But again now, some mods obviously don't get invalidated. For example I have this mod installed. Yesterday the map worked. Today it's reset to be colorless (note that bPipboyDisableFX=1 is in all ini files, too). Also my terrain texture mods aren't working. What could be wrong?
Edited by avalon