Add a racemenu preset

sharonasbar

Question

I am new to MO and I'm beginning to like it a lot. My question is; I want to download a racemenu preset. Manually where do I put it? I have a couple that I saved, but there is no data/SKSE/plugins/chargen/presets in the Skyrim folder. Already tried to add these folders, doesn't work. Please help.

Your first screenshot so you are in the RaceMenu/SKSE/Plugins folder so create a new folder here named chargen, then in the chargen folder create a new folder named presets, and drop your presets into this folder. The full path should be like this:

RaceMenu/SKSE/Plugins/chargen/presets

I've never used RaceMenu presets so I have no idea what could be going wrong here. Is it possible a preset is perhaps selecting a custom hair style from a mod you don't have installed? I've never looked into how the presets work, so I'm just guessing.

So I carried on trying to figure this out for half the night. It didn't make sense a preset would crash the game. I'm using Skyrim unbound and it was working in a different area. So I tried using a non-preset character for Winterhold and it ctd'd that too. It isn't the preset. I think it is the fact that I had Immersive College of Winterhold, and Holds. I had the overwrite flags for them. But I just unchecked ICW. I've spent hours trying to Google info on how a mod that is no longer present in the game can ctd from conflicting with one that is on a new game. 

I am loving MO2. But it's also exhausting trying to learn all this.