Vivid Weathers - a complete Weather and Visual overhaul

Mangaclub

Thats the thing, I dont think thats vegetation issue, same setup is working fine with VW ENB and was fine with previous VV-COT, so i suspect some enb settings are causing this.

P.S. all setups tested with same (305) enb version

Greens are a permanent issue in skyrim. The vanilla textures, and most derivatives from them are rather saturated, to compensate for the rather desaturated default look of the game. 

Hence in any post processing when you increase saturation, green in particular, you will get oversaturation from the rest of the scene. 

However if you have previously used a preset that is more dimmed and dark, you wont get these issues. This is also a reason why skin textures look so much "better" on that sort of presets over some of the more saturated ones. When you increase saturation, the variations in skin texture becomes much more prominent and you get seams to be more visible etc. 

Anyways about the foilage....

The process to "fix" it is fairly straight forward if you have a little bit of experience with GIMP or Photoshop. Simply find all of the textures in the grass and trees texture folder, and desaturate them by about 30-50% percent. I do believe it is also possible to get scripts that can perform this operation on the entire folder in both GIMP and photoshop. But it is only like 20 or so textures if I recall correctly, and it is really easy to do since both photoshop and GIMP has a menu option to just desaturate an image. 

The only texture where it gets tricky and might require that you are a bit more careful is the LOD texture for trees. Since the different trees have quite different shades, and some have snow on them. Then if you just desaturate, you get inconsistensies. 

On that texture you need to box select the various tree types and adjust individually. 

It is a bit time consuming, but the result is well worth it. 

Also there you need to remember that the LOD texture is unique to the tree texture mod you use. For example you cannot use the default vanilla texture with vurts flora overhaul mod. 

Anyone running Vividian ENB with this now? I'm curious about the performance (particularly the Vanilla version). I have no performance loss with this mod except for in some foggy weathers which can drop me into the 45FPS range for a few seconds at a time before it comes back up. This happens when you "pass through" what I assume is the volmetirc fog since it's is a visually thicker looking patch of jog. I'm a be concerned, for this reason only, since with just Vividian Vanilla ENB I stay mostly in the 50s. This could mean a few seconds drop down into the 30s in foggy weather, which would probably be jarring.

I am running performance version and fog does eat few fps, which is expected. I didnt notice jumps you describe but i wasnt looking for this either, will keep an eye on it. Overall fog need some more work to improve quality (unless there is some ini tweak i am not aware of) since it tends to pop in and out quiet alot

thanks manga for your update

Version 1.31

added a few hotfixes for Usleep and Frostfall. Other than that- version 1.30 changes still apply:

- Added new Rain effects and textures to the Rainy weathers for Strong and Heavy Rain.
- Added Sovngarde, Soulcairn (dawnguard) and Acropocrypha (dragonborn) weather ovauls
- Update MCM script version to 2.
- Added info page with weathers and INI informations.
- Added option to turn ISMods off completely.
- Fixed Day/Night ISMods switch effects (no adjustment time when switching between presets or moving from exterior to interior).
- Fixed frostfall compatibitliy for rainy weathers.
- Update climate sunrise/sunset hours for Karthspire and Sovngard (they're used if USLEEP is installed).
- Removed obsolete refreshing on game load.
- Added Bloom setting (4 level + default), exteriors only.
- Prevented night brightness setting to affect Bleackreach (independant system usually handled by lighting mod).

Version 1.30

- Added new Rain effects and textures to the Rainy weathers for Strong and Heavy Rain.
- Added Sovngarde, Soulcairn (dawnguard) and Acropocrypha (dragonborn) weather ovauls
- Update MCM script version to 2.
- Added info page with weathers and INI informations.
- Added option to turn ISMods off completely.
- Fixed Day/Night ISMods switch effects (no adjustment time when switching between presets or moving from exterior to interior).
- Fixed frostfall compatibitliy for rainy weathers.
- Update climate sunrise/sunset hours for Karthspire and Sovngard (they're used if USLEEP is installed).
- Removed obsolete refreshing on game load.
- Added Bloom setting (4 level + default), exteriors only.
- Prevented night brightness setting to affect Bleackreach (independant system usually handled by lighting mod).

The volumetric fogs can indeed really eat your FPS in certain weathers I noticed.. During the installation there is an option to remove them (which actually replaces the meshes afaik). I thought it might be convenient to install those meshes as an optional mod in MO (and place it below Vivid Weathers ofc) so you can easily enable/disable them for gameplay/screenshot profiles or for testing purposes.. Just a small tip for anyone bothered by the fps drops

Edited by Pretendeavor

I'm not bothered by it, but it was a bit of a concern on my system if I added an ENB to the mix. I either use Vividian Vanilla version or JawZ's ELEP with just a select few effects enabled. ELEP provides no FPS loss on my system while Vividian Vanilla is around 5 to 15 FPS loss depending on the area.

just try it :D

I don't like installing things that I don't know what they are or their effects. Googling, "cinematic nautic effect" reveals nothing after three pages of results so I'm assuming it's a phase pulled out of the imagination. "Nautic" is referring to "nautical"  which has to do with sailors, ships, and navigation so I'm completely at a loss to know what sort of changes this makes to the rains. It's a rather confusing choice of words for a description for changes to the rains. I'm not dissing. I'm just pointing out that the small description provided really provides no knowledge of what the addon does besides changes the rain effects.

I honestly don't have time to sit down and test a bunch of weathers and compare them to the original weathers, atm. This is why I'm asking what the changes are and possibly some screenshots/compares. I haven't even played my new playthrough in going on a week now. ::(:

I'll just wait for some users to post them, if it comes to that or wait until I actually have a couple hours to do a good compare.