Vivid Weathers - a complete Weather and Visual overhaul

Mangaclub

• 2 weeks later...

lol.  I downloaded that addon, not knowing what it was... pretty sure i saw it's effects in game yesterday, as a heavy rainfall set in, slaughterfish started falling from the sky.

I haven't read this whole thread, but this is by far the best weather mod I have ever come into contact with.  The beauty and diversity it adds to my game is immeasurable.  Whether it gets put in CORE, Extended, or a pack, where it goes is in my LO, moving forward.  I say put it in CORE, but my guess is that's outside of the mandate?

funfact: the slaughterfish rain is actually real ingame particle rain lit by any lightsource there is cus it is based on the snow system. Sadly due to billboard only particle systems not useable with real rain textures cus it would screw up everything when one looks upwards 

i definitely thought it was funny, but the moment was slightly ruined for me because i didn't play for a couple days, and then it didn't rain for a while in Skyrim, so it was like two weeks later that it happened - i was thinking at the time like "crap.  that's a serious conflict right there" lol.  it's funnier now.

a new update today about rain

Version 1.35

- added new rain sounds overwriting the skyrim ones (drizzle, heavy,light, medium). They should now sound more rainy.
- updated vivid weather Rain weathers to proper use those new sounds
- updated all Vivid overcast weather cloud textures to be more detailed in the sky.
- fixed a rain weather with no rain
- added a patch to include all relevant vivid thunder weathers to mintys lightning mod (Lightning during Thunder Storms)

and another update, 1.36 now for both weather mod and enb part from Mangaclub

I think that  the higher rain volume do its job. I was complaining in earlier version about the rain part of the mod but now it seems really good. actual visual coupled to new sound is nice.

GOOD JOB Manga

Edited by Mandalay

• 3 weeks later...

Again an update from Manga on this great mod

Version 1.39

Version 1.39

- Added a new option to the installer that makes the Rain sounds optional.
- Changed the heavy Rain sound cus it was too compressed.
- added a option to the installer to revert back the Rain effects to be more vanilla like. This will make Vivid Weathers Compatible with ENB rain again also.
- recompiled the mcm menu script to make the bloom entry poppup instantly when activating the customizon
- minor adjustemends i forgot :D

• 2 months later...

Ran into some funky glow at nighttime with a specific weather. Looks like a combination of rain and fog. The glow is very orange and lights up buildings a bad way during certain times of the night.

TESV_2016_08_01_22_59_18_71.jpgTESV_2016_08_01_22_57_34_80.jpg

These shots were mild. Earlier in the night the Bannered Mare looked like a orange saturated out mess. Of course I wasn't able to grab a shot of it.

Two feature requests:

• Turn down the orange glow on the fire bulbs. I don't know if this can specifically be controlled, but the fire bulbs tend to be too orange quite often. That's just my opinion though.
  • A separation of the saturation between exteriors and interiors, if that's possible. What I find works well indoors is often over saturated outdoors. This is vanilla lighting with ELE Interiors.

Finally, I leave you with good shot from Whiterun. This is STEP:Extended and ELEP with just a few effects turned on with Vivid Weathers tossed on top:

TESV_2016_08_02_01_01_20_96.jpg

• 2 months later...

I really would like to use Vivid cause it looks awesome most of the time and is a good blending of Vanilla and CoT which I quite like.

But I have 2 major issues I can only partly fix at all.

First there is some really annoying black snow particles, which I could not get rid of.

And secondly I cannot really get fires to emit "flames" - I partly fixed it by setting the "imaxdesired" particle effects from vanilla 750 to 6000 but I still do not get consistent well looking flames.

Sometimes there is "fire" around my torch and sometimes there is not.

Its not depended if I use ENB (I use it with shadows only and vanilla object and post processing enabled if I do) and only other mods effecting light should be ELE and Relighting Skyrim.

Anybody having same issues or maybe even fixed them. Cannot find much on the Nexus page on those topics, but in the bug section mentioned modifiying particle amount does not fix it completely.