Wet and Cold (by isoku)

JudgmentJay

Updated!

Version 1.31

Reviewed all scripts, removed any unnecessary checks and switch some numbers to values calculated on game load rather than per script instances.

Improved heat detection script performance.

Critters (rabbits, deer, skyBirds, etc.) classed as EncClassAnimalPrey are now completely ignored.

Added an additional check to ensure the shelter detection feature was being dispelled properly.

Improved traveler classification to reduce the appearance of Survival Gear on NPCs near settlements.

Maybe you guys having issues will want to check out this version.

Updated!

Version 1.31

Reviewed all scripts, removed any unnecessary checks and switch some numbers to values calculated on game load rather than per script instances.

Improved heat detection script performance.

Critters (rabbits, deer, skyBirds, etc.) classed as EncClassAnimalPrey are now completely ignored.

Added an additional check to ensure the shelter detection feature was being dispelled properly.

Improved traveler classification to reduce the appearance of Survival Gear on NPCs near settlements.

Maybe you guys having issues will want to check out this version.
Cool. Now if only Real Shelter wasn't dead I'd be in heaven.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

As long as there is a free version on the Nexus, I don't see any reason not to use it. v2 looked exciting, but we probably aren't going to be in the business of requiring paid mods for STEP. We only require official content that costs money.

Definitely not - requiring payment for mods will kill the modding community.

EDIT: I don't see how a mod with SKSE content could even charge for money though. Can someone say "lawsuit"?

DMCA Takedown should be enough if they want to go that route, though I doubt they will.

Definitely not - requiring payment for mods will kill the modding community.

EDIT: I don't see how a mod with SKSE content could even charge for money though.  Can someone say "lawsuit"?

Lawsuit on what basis? SKSE is under the MIT license. The only restriction is that you can't remove the license notice. Even if it were under the GPL, selling derivatives of it would still be completely acceptable. I'm more curious about the various mod resources included with Wet & Cold. Hopefully he secured permission from the creators of those resources prior to selling the mod. (The cloaks, for example).

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

On a pragmatic note, what about Wet & Cold - Ashes? Isoku's 2.0 changelog doesn't seem to mention it, so presumably the version on the Nexus remains the most current version.

Edited by Harpalus