bUsePreCulledObjects

DaemonGrin

Curious there is an issue with a mod I want to use but it has a glaring issue. It allows you to scrap a lot of the trash laying around settlements and Hedges being included if I scrap them it leave a void if you tep where it used to be the world disappears. The fix for this is A) Don't remove such items B) Don't use the mod C) set bUsePreCulledObjects=1 to 0. Now I am not one to go about changing every thing in my ini files for every little thing I'd rather avoid scrapping or using the mod all together until a real possible fix is done. What impact visually, performance, etc,. wise would setting bUsePreCulledObjects=0 cause if anyone knows.

Thanks,

Geoff

Welcome to STEP @DaemonGrin

May I offer some suggestions that you could use in the future?

When posting a question about anything it is always a good idea to include ALL the pertinent facts so those reading it can quickly see how to respond. Your post doesn't mention the game this is for (Fallout 4), or the mod in question (no idea), what the issue with this mod is, or the objective of the mod (perhaps an alternative is available?).

Now, since I am not running Fallout 4 I cannot state specifically what changing that INI setting will do but in general unless you know for certain what a setting does, don't touch it. Judging by the lack of results in Google from that setting it would appear others are also unsure. My advice is to follow the suggestion you received in the Nexus thread.

Welcome to STEP @DaemonGrin

May I offer some suggestions that you could use in the future?

When posting a question about anything it is always a good idea to include ALL the pertinent facts so those reading it can quickly see how to respond. Your post doesn't mention the game this is for (Fallout 4), or the mod in question (no idea), what the issue with this mod is, or the objective of the mod (perhaps an alternative is available?).

Now, since I am not running Fallout 4 I cannot state specifically what changing that INI setting will do but in general unless you know for certain what a setting does, don't touch it. Judging by the lack of results in Google from that setting it would appear others are also unsure. My advice is to follow the suggestion you received in the Nexus thread.

Oh man my bad I was not paying attention after reading an ini post about the valid default tweaks for FO4 and thought I was in a FO4 forum. The mod itself is not bugged (Spring Cleaning) but some of the objects you can scrap, I'll go with the Hedge's because this is what I discovered it with, leave a "tear in the time space continuum." if you step into the area the hedge once was the world disappears, objects flicker in and out as you pan the camera. I don't know I guess I am just being hardheaded because the info I was provided from someones results make no since to me and I want it too? I have some knowledge of object culling from college renders what you see but not what you don't hence my reference in my nexus post to room bounds. Welp, I am going to have to get my elbows dirty 1 person has given their experience and there is no info about it on google time for another to delve in.

Thanks,

Geoff

Been testing bUsePreCulledObjects=0 for for around 10 hrs noticed obvious performance hits especially in the DC area (diamond city not Fallout 3 lol). Was building in Sanctuary when I noticed I couldn't place a floor tile (wood floor with 9 stilts) where I usually do down on the river. Looked through the mod page and another I am using which replaces the bridge with the undamaged version and noticed bUseCombinedObjects=0 is needed unless I use Spring Cleaning. Checked my ini and I had that edit in there so removed it. Now comes the fun part load my save back up enter build mode and almost immediately I am kicked out of it. If I went into an interior it would fix it but as soon as you quit and load the save back up reoccurs. I placed bUseCombinedObjects=0 back in to stabilize build mode. Do ini tweaks stay with saved games? This would be the first time I encountered it if so.

Thanks,

Geoff