SRLE Extended String Count Testing

I really don'y want to get of interesting NPC's since like other have said the are more natural and are almost like the should of been in the game from the start. I am loathed to get rid of Sofia (mostly cos she was one of the first follower I always install) but saficrices might need to made for the greater good (you could also count arrisa. recorder, Mirai and Hoth here). Inigo will not be going he jsut too enjoyable to have around. 

I have been seriously thinking about getting rid of holidays as this doesn't really add much to the game other the "immersion" of cause but again sacrifices for the great good.

I agree.  I'm falling back to just Mirai and Inigo, with Interesting NPCs, and dropping Holidays, Bathing, AH Hotkeys and Lock Overhaul (on top of the purge that I already started yesterday before reading that post).  I need to drop Moon and Star but it's so entangled in so many other mods (RS Children, Chimneys, etc...) that I might try to get away with it.  I don't want to drop Molag Bal or Beyond Reach since I'm really looking forward to finally checking them out but I'm pretty sick of my game going to **** right before I finally get to fight a dragon again.  I'm wondering how much Mighty Dragons adds to the load and, if it's more than 50 or so, is it really worth it on top of Deadly Dragons and DCO?

edit: My test before dropping the mods listed above was 57,000, and that was without starting any mods via mcm, or adjusting any, for that matter, and without having run dyndolod yet.

Edited by cstarkey42

what ae you using instead of AH hotkey cstarkey42. I could also quite happly dump Lock overhaul, and go back to my old favouite KenMOD - Lockpick Pro - Cheat as not begin able to unlock lock and still having to bloody lockpick annoys me (theres a chest I can't unlock it without break lock picks aggghhhh lol.)

so things to think about and more testing time instead of actually playing lol.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Holidays was on my "consider to drop in case of esp cap" list...that it is a high script item.... hmmmm. I had already removed Frostfall, INeed and 3dNPC from my load order as they don't fit my playstyle.

I'm considering to drop these mods too because i really don't like a drink, eat, sleep or freeze playstyle and interesting npcs too since its so heavy scripted.

and AH hotkeys is a good one but I'm stil used to the old fashioned favorite menu  ::):

Edited by paul666root

what ae you using instead of AH hotkey cstarkey42. I could also quite happly dump Lock overhaul, and go back to my old favouite KenMOD - Lockpick Pro - Cheat as not begin able to unlock lock and still having to bloody lockpick annoys me (theres a chest I can't unlock it without break lock picks aggghhhh lol.)

so things to think about and more testing time instead of actually playing lol.

I've always used Categorized Favorites Menu with AH Hotkeys.  It doesn't offer more hotkeys but it does give you a much better favorites menu layout so switching between items/spells/etc isn't such a task.  I use CFM Perma Plus as a base layout, mainly since it has the most in terms of mod added items, though I've modified it to be more efficient and added items I've come across that weren't included.

It would be good in principle to keep SRLExt as close as possible to SRLE because all the hard work Neo put in compiling a stable setup and is good to remember that in principle SRLExt is an Extension of that profile.

That being said, extra mods added by extended should be always, in principle, the firsts to consider when cutting down from the list.

But obviously, in the end sacrifices will have to be made in advantage of a stable game setting.

It would be good in principle to keep SRLExt as close as possible to SRLE because all the hard work Neo put in compiling a stable setup and is good to remember that in principle SRLExt is an Extension of that profile.

That being said, extra mods added by extended should be always, in principle, the firsts to consider when cutting down from the list.

But obviously, in the end sacrifices will have to be made in advantage of a stable game setting.

I will always try to cut Extended before Base.the first mod currently on the chopping block are the custom follower mods:

Sofia

Arrisia

Recorder.

Hoth.

Mirai.

Inigo.

Now it would be good to keep one male one female so my choice of male would be Inigo and Female I am not sure at the moment.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Since you have all the best followers listed and it's a great resource for people who might not be familiar with them all maybe it would be best to leave them as is and add a line saying that it's recommended not to use more than two, at most.  Since they're not in the CR it wouldn't really be a problem and people could alternate between games and playstyles.

• +1 1

I really don't want to get rid of interesting NPC's since like other have said the are more natural and are almost like the should of been in the game from the start. I am loathed to get rid of Sofia (mostly cos she was one of the first follower I always install) but saficrices might need to made for the greater good (you could also count arrisa. recorder, Mirai and Hoth here). Inigo will not be going he jsut too enjoyable to have around. 

I have been seriously thinking about getting rid of holidays as this doesn't really add much to the game other the "immersion" of cause but again sacrifices for the great good. another option is to limit the house mods too cause currently there are 2 fairly script heavy house mods in Extended.

whatever happen the strings will be high for SRLE Extended so it cos to decsions on what we want and what we need actaully need to improve the gameplay of SRLE without casuing to much issues late game like save game courrption. I've not tested a SRLE base yet, I actually need to rebuild my base Profile to do this.

Here is my current setup in terms of removing/replacing mods:

1. Holidays - gone (had to rebuild DynDOLOD which is PIA)

2. Wonders of Weather - gone

3. Footprints - gone

4. BFS - gone

5. Sofia - gone

6. AH keys - never installed on current setup (using CF menu and Grimy utils)

7. Enhanced Blood - textures only

8. Moskrom estate - gone, use Routa, Breezehome by Lupus, Riverside Lodge, and Hunters cabin of Riverwood

9. 3DNPC - never installed on current setup (didn't like it all that much, Zora's quest was big waste of time for me)

10. Recorder - meh, didnt like the reviews so never even tried it

Since you have all the best followers listed and it's a great resource for people who might not be familiar with them all maybe it would be best to leave them as is and add a line saying that it's recommended not to use more than two, at most.  Since they're not in the CR it wouldn't really be a problem and people could alternate between games and playstyles.

that might be the best idea as i am loathed to cut anyone.

• +1 1

I will always try to cut Extended before Base.the first mod currently on the chopping block are the custom follower mods:

Sofia

Arrisia

Recorder.

Hoth.

Mirai.

Inigo.

Now it would be good to keep one male one female so my choice of male would be Inigo and Female I am not sure at the moment.

I'm using Mirai and Inigo. Also droped 3DNPCs

I wish we have more objective data about how much each mod add to the string counts. I don't have active Skyrim profile right now. When I am back from the Wasteland, SRLE, SRLE Extended and dreadflopp's MMO will be where I start.

I didn't use Footprints, EBT, and Bathing in Skyrim in my last playthrough.

Frostfall and iNeed are too good to cut.

Edited by darkside

I wish we have more objective data about how much each mod add to the string counts. I don't have active Skyrim profile right now. When I am back from the Wasteland, SRLE, SRLE Extended and dreadflopp's MMO will be where I start.

agreed a lot of work and research needs to be done on this subject I just don't have the time or full understanding on this at the moment

What about Minerva as a new follower, to me shes wonderful https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74256/?

I've always used Categorized Favorites Menu with AH Hotkeys.  It doesn't offer more hotkeys but it does give you a much better favorites menu layout so switching between items/spells/etc isn't such a task.  I use CFM Perma Plus as a base layout, mainly since it has the most in terms of mod added items, though I've modified it to be more efficient and added items I've come across that weren't included.

I was actually wandering if I could use Categorized Favorites Menu with AH Hotkeys.  Its good to know that I can use those too together.  I thought it would cause a conflict.