SRLE Extended String Count Testing

Also we should learn how much string values increases over time, of course everyone going to have individual results, but someone can check string values of the saves based only on SRLE Ext. but of course ot will take time just to simply play the game. Judging by jones177 twelfth post in this thread (https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3924850-corrupt-saves-strcount-0xffff-ctd-on-load/page-2) it might even possible that we only need like 3 to 4k in reserve for long playthrough.

Heres part of his post:
"My character at level 1 has 41165 strings.
The same character at level 46 has 42171 strings.
My oldest & heaviest save at level 77,28mbs has only 42489 strings.
Going by the dates on my saves I have been in the 41000 to 42000 since the middle of 2013 or since the time that I have had 250+ mods."

The only way to know for sure is to test. As i said someone should build SRLE Ext. profile and play for a while. By comparing the data from values we probably would be able to determine "save" amount of strings and base our load orders from that. 

Edited by linar9415

I am thinking the easiest way to test this out is a minimal profile with only necessary mods. We can measure baseline string count. Then add interested mod and check the string counts again.

Maybe it would be easier to test whole SRLE Ext. rather than adding mod by mod. We already know how much the vanilla+ DLSs + Usleep need. Neo probably can tell us how much SRLE base takes up.

Edited by linar9415

what we need is 3 or 4 people who are seriously willing to under take furthur research and testing on this subject. they would all need to have the same base profile use the same mods.

Edit: could a moderator please spin all this string stuff off to a new thread, and we can all continue this topic there.

Edited by Darth_mathias

I have been seriously thinking about getting rid of holidays as this doesn't really add much to the game other the "immersion" of cause but again sacrifices for the great good. another option is to limit the house mods too cause currently there are 2 fairly script heavy house mods in Extended.

I got rid of Holidays three builds ago. There was a holiday where skeletons would spawn every few steps I took, completely ruined that save for me.

OK, I did an initial test on every script mod in Extended + some misc mods I had installed.

The test parameters for each mod were:

-Start a new game

-Wait for everything to initialize

-Start any mod that begins disabled

-Use the statue > camping in the woods

-Wait for the dragon to go over the horizon

-Save game

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zjZ71wAaCv8WhNSMNNYsHpx-0DKRX8plvCnY-mpQkQk/pubhtml

Edited by Whetstone
  • +1 3

Thanks for the info, Whetstone.  Was Dyndolod with the 1.48 beta scripts or just 1.47?  The scripts were posted by Sheson in the LL thread.

I'd say Morksom estate is an obvious candidate to go.  Molag Bals Inferno also.  I'm not sure if either of those are tied into the CR.  I know forgotten city is.  I'm afraid it's really starting to look like a choice between Interesting NPCs and additional worldspace mods.  Quests/Npcs/followers vs new land to explore.  Unless the 3dnpc team starts optimizing some of the mod, it's looking like a choice between two different types of games.  At least you could add a couple more followers to the game to make up for the loss of 3npc.  

I wonder how the Hud merge breaks down individually.  I have Minimal Hud in my merge as well and I'm wondering how much more it adds.  I'm also beginning to wonder if Loot and Degradation is worth it.  I love all the mods I mentioned, but the problem is I can only love them if I actually get to play the game with them, something I haven't really been able to do in a while.  

What's funny is I've been so focused on scripting mods and textures and blaming them for everything and now it looks like they're not nearly as bad as I thought, at least when it comes to long term save stability.

Edited by cstarkey42

OK, I did an initial test on every script mod in Extended + some misc mods I had installed.

The test parameters for each mod were:

-Start a new game

-Wait for everything to initialize

-Start any mod that begins disabled

-Use the statue > camping in the woods

-Wait for the dragon to go over the horizon

-Save game

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zjZ71wAaCv8WhNSMNNYsHpx-0DKRX8plvCnY-mpQkQk/pubhtml

Great info! 

Whetstone, good table, thank you for that!

So DynDolod is heavy hitter after all, we probably should measure hit starting a new game with 1.48 scripts.

Aslo,Whetstone can you make another test?

As i said higher i did test that constisted of me stealing the horse from Whiterun and riding it(not fastravel) to Windhelm through the geyser area(right corner of the map). I saved at Windhelm's docks and at that point my savehame was done, but i run a lot of additional mods from REGs.

Just to compare how string count rises in pure SRLE Ext.

Edited by linar9415

Whetstone, good table, thank you for that!

So DynDolod is heavy hitter after all, we probably should measure hit starting a new game with 1.48 scripts.

Aslo,Whetstone can you make another test?

As i said higher i did test that constisted of me stealing the horse from Whiterun and riding it(not fastravel) to Windhelm through the geyser area(right corner of the map). I saved at Windhelm's docks and at that point my savehame was done, but i run a lot of additional mods from REGs.

Just to compare how string count rises in pure SRLE Ext.

59153: Started at Helgen
59462: Ran to Riverwood
59793: Ran to Whiterun
61079: Rode horse to Windhelm gate
Edited by Whetstone