Just in general for everyone's info: if you have not installed meh321's bug fixes to fix the doubled perks on reload bug (as advised by the Requiem folks) you should go do so. I used to think Requiem had made vampires immortal, but it turns out they are just quasi-immortal.

Ah, yes, good call; I had meant to do that. Perhaps that could be in this pack along with Crash Fixes?

If you install Requiem - Minor Arcana (most of which should be incorporated in the next version of Requiem, the guy is on the Requiem team) it'll tone down the classes. Specifically for the CombatWarrior2H that Gorr has, two handed will be 2/3 as high, heavy armor will be 2/3 as high, health will be 1/4 and stamina will be 1/2. 

Actually, this profile (my E+KS+Custom one) has Minor Arcana! Yet I'm still seeing those crazy stats. Could be the double perk bug, I dunno. I'll continue to investigate. (EFF only lists the health/magicka/stamina as percentages, that I've seen... but I'm not terribly familiar with it yet, so maybe I can dig that up somewhere). 

I can pretty much always spot them, they all sound like they've been smoking Colorado-grade pot laced with amphetamines. So I just walk away and pretend they're from Inconsequential NPCs, whose personalities I generally prefer.

Hahahaha so true. I liked a few of them (Olondil, the Altmer in the Thalmor HQ in Solitude; Olivia Meronin in the library in the College of Winterhold -- tho she might be CWI, not 3DNPC -- Hjoromir and Gorr are okay), but some of them are just dumb and inappropriate. I didn't need to know about Erikur's kinks, nor did I need the guy who was in love with his horse (and made rape jokes), or the guy who married his daughter. And even the ones that aren't wacky are totally inappropriate for Skyrim; talking to Fironet for example felt like something out of a silly romcom.

Anyway, just a personal preference thing. However! I am seeing some real bugs to report, mostly in regards to food and iNeed. Can confirm this is happening on both my custom and my straight-up E+KS profile.

Bug #1: Soups/stews don't seem to be considered food for the purposes of iNeed. If you use the "eat" hotkey, if you only have soups/stews in your inventory, you'll get a "no more relevant items for consumption" message; if you manually select and eat it, you won't gain satiety. I know by default this is not correct, because I've played other games with iNeed+Requiem where they worked just fine.

Bug #2: Raw foods -- which in Requiem cause stamina loss except in races with "strong stomachs" -- are still written to do this, but the loss/gain is always "0 stamina." I didn't test to see what happened if you actually ate these; this is just the flavor text for the item in the Inventory screen. 

I tried to look in TESVEdit to see what ingestible records were being overwritten from default Requiem, but it seemed to me like they were correct in Moal's Req patch, which is the last thing that modifies that record. But I also don't know xEdit that well, so someone smarter than me should probably look.

I've also had a few CTDs -- not terribly often, but it seems like at least once per play session. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot these. They seem to happen totally at random. I have Papyrus logging turned off, as it's been drilled into my head that "Papyrus is not a crash log!!!" but do we have any better debugging tools? Moal, if there's anything in particular you'd like us to use, let me know. 

Edited by captainecchi
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, sorry for being silent for the last few weeks, been on vacation on the coast, and Internet is spotty (yet my computer still managed to drain several gigs on my phone, all well). Back in a few days, and I'll go through the pages of posts I've missed. Looking forward to getting back to my battle Mage and finally reaching BFB (without getting killed :).

As for de bugging, I do use the papyrus logs. Yes, they are not a de bugging tool, but it's the best I have. That and my intuition. I keep in the back of my head what the last few things I've done, and go from there.

I would like to point out that a crash per play session, with the 300+ mod's installed between this pack and step, is awfully good. It has taken a lot of work to get this far, and I have done far worse with a fraction of the mod's in the past. Personally, as has been pointed out earlier, when skyrim crashes, it's my indication I need to return to earth and get back to real life. A 3 hour skyrim session with no crashing is rather good, and as long as the frequency does not increase (something I'm always worried about) then that's the best you can hope for.

Oh, and someone was saying Gorr has way over powered stats, I don't know what you are doing, but Gorr for me has lowish stats and he slowly improves (using EFF functionality) as I level up. There is always the chance that something somewhere got updated. After all, my instructions are a couple months old now. There is no way I'm updating until my current character dies, as updates (except for critical bug fixes) typically does not go well for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit

Ahhhh (picture running around flailing hands about)

I can't edit my first few posts anymore.... I was reserving the first bunch of forum posts for important instructions, I'll have to submit a ticket or something to find out what is wrong. Anyways, until then, the first page is great for reference, but I'll have to post my updates somewhere else.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/17db4fd77efbc0e2095d010750e50578/tumblr_mwnv9b52Kp1rj480so1_500.gif

https://youtu.be/CwBNpIoPQz8

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit Edit

Turns out it was just a new permissions thing that I didn't know about.

Lol. Above gif and clip about sum up my initial thoughts. And they reflect my level 10 charname's response when he runs into a troll for the first time... in heavy iron armor... alone... No horse... On a no reload run... AND has no source of fire.

Edited by Mr_Moal

I've also had a few CTDs -- not terribly often, but it seems like at least once per play session. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot these. They seem to happen totally at random. I have Papyrus logging turned off, as it's been drilled into my head that "Papyrus is not a crash log!!!" but do we have any better debugging tools? Moal, if there's anything in particular you'd like us to use, let me know. 

I use the last BETA version of Crash Fixes and enable log writing in the CrashFixes.ini. The logs are created in MO overwrites folder. + I activate crash loging in SKSE: creates a similar log to Crash Fixes.

I can't really decipher them but I collect them and post them on meh321 Nexus page so he can have a look and improve Crash Fixes with the data. At least it can help and gives me the feeling that my crashes are not futile  ::D: 

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone help me. I've spent hours trying to fix this, when I load a new game after installing everything this is what I see:

ALUzYs8.jpg

I have attached my loadlist and modorder but I think they are correct. The problem is I started a new game fine before, and there were some missing textures in the rooms of the Sleeping Giant Inn; and now starting it up again, this happens.

Just a word to say thank you to your incredible work !

I spend a few day installign Step + your compilation and after some others days of playing (as a mage level 7 by now) I can say everything work fine. I didn't have a single CTD after hours of play. Well I have some major stuttering specially around whiterun and windhelm (I didn't test Solitude yet), I suspect Open cities and my GTX 660 Ti to be responsible of this. 

Another thing interesting is I decided to start with the vanilla start (just have to desactivate Helgen Reborn at the beginning) and everything work perfectly fine, no problems detected. So your pack is totally comatible with the vanilla start (assuming you don't forget uncheck Helgen Reborn.esp before completting the Unbound quest).

And sorry, english is not my native language, I probably made a few mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...

hello El_Ploplo,  good to know you are having fun.  

As for the studdering, yes, your 660 Ti is to blame.   I ran a 760 4GB model and was averaging 25-30 FPS, with occasional screen tearing and studdering.   Currently I have upgraded to a 1070, and it gets about 50-55 FPS, rarely hitting the 59 FPS limit I set on the game (if I set the FPS limiter to 60 FPS, then in dark areas the game blips past the 60 FPS limit for a fraction of a second, which is enough for the physic glitch to occur in all its wondrous glory :) '

What Kind of FPS have other people achieved?   Its also good to note that in the STEP install, I picked the MIDDLE quality graphics, or, if I had a choice of High/Low, I would pick the Low quality.  The Open Cities does add to the load, but the primary load would be the HUGE number of scripts running.  Massive script load has been known to limit Frame rate as well.  I have an Intel 6700K 4 GHz processor that boosts to 4.2 GHz.   If people are running with a 3GHz processor (or an AMD processor,  my sympathies) then you will have a much greater impact on FPS due to Open Cities and all the scripts that run.  

----------------------------------------------------

Recently I've found a new bug with Frost Fall.   I get wet, and my character will not get dry afterwards.  I am just eternally wet, always dripping.  I also do not get cold afterwards either.    No idea why, but my game seems bugged, even loading earlier saves have this problem now.  I can only think that I upgraded something, or overwrote some setting when I did a different character.  Either way, no frost fall means I can't freeze to death, normally a good thing, but in this case kinda annoying.  

I'm thinking of going back through the pack, and downloading the most recent mods, and see if any of the patches have been updated.  That won't happen for a few weeks though due to work.  

------  For those of you who have installed the PACK within the last month, have you had any problems with the most recent versions of mods, or patches?--------

Have fun and keep killing dragons (or feeding them, either way) 

I did'nt have your problem with Frostfall, but I skipped some optional mods so maybe there is a real incompatibility somewhere. If it can help you, I can send you my mod list.

Actually, I am now level 14 and I did'nt see any problems or experience crash which is really great !

As noted on the PACK page, please do yourself a favor, make a backup of your skyrim installation, and do NOT upgrade to the new Skyrim Special Edition if you have any interest of playing Requiem and other awesome mods. 

I have also read on some pages that mod authors are not planning to patch their mods to work with the new Skyrim Special Edition.  Other mods will need major rework, such as SKSE.   I would personally give the modding community a full year before considering upgrading.  Some mods will be ready right away, but others will be so big that it will take a while.  Still others, the authors have moved on to new projects.  

Good to know Nebulous.  if thats the case, people can safely try out the new version while keeping their old one intact.  I still suggest out of paranoia that people really should archive their current set up just in case. 

---------------------------------------------

Note: Post is a work in progress.  I'll be adding mods to consider dropping/adding to the lists below.  

I'm currently in the process of updating the mods in my load order, and reviewing the PACK.  there are a few mods i was thinking of adding (like that awesome looking animal textures pack suggested earlier) and I'm going to make another stab at getting Immersive Citizens AI overhaul working.  who knows, maybe it won't conflict for some strange reason and the game will stop CTD in Whiterun all the time.  

https://s2.quickmeme.com/img/11/1143673838600c38380e40bfe6afd357cd93af865f6498dfd0dd9ba233585cde.jpg

Its a great mod, just finding that thing that conflicts is the trick.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods I'm looking at adding (or at least considering):

Please let me know what you think.  Does anybody know if these can cause problems or are incompatible with existing mods?

• Relationship Diologue Overhaul. 
  • Animallica (thanks potato Knight)
    • Adds lots of varied textures to animals
  • The Notice Board  by MannyGT
    • Think old school questing.  lets you get side quests to go kill/do stuff.  
  • Windstad Mine  by Skvindt
    • Adds a player owned mine.  I don't really care for player owned houses too much, but this seemed kinda neat. have to look into compatibility 
  •  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods I'm thinking of dropping.  

I'll be adding on other mods that I don't think I'll miss.  

• Birds and Flocks. 

Hey Mr_Moal,

I just got to the Immersive Citizens mod section of the installing process and had some serious reservations about uninstalling it. I plan to play a thief and anticipate failing sneaking few times and having to kill, so I kind of want their AI to be on point.

I really hope you get an opportunity to trace the cause of those CTDs.

I feel your pain 3dot,  I really want Immersive Citizens as well.  Its just that back when I was putting this together, I spent over half my debugging time just trying to figure out why Skyrim CTD around Whiterun, and didn't have it in me to put more hours in after I stumbled across Immersive Citizens as a possible cause.  Several months later, I'm willing to give it another try.  I really hope that stuff has been patched, and what ever the conflict is, its been solved. The best I can do is make a basic patch using TES5Edit, anything more has to be left to the modding wizards and their black magic.  

Version 0.7 Notes: 

Edited: Se:veral:times

I'm going to post my notes/changes for version 0.7 here for now.  Once I've done more testing, I'll update the main PACK page.   So far, the game loads and runs rather choppy, and I've had 1 crash as well.   I definetly need to use the Normal STEP Compilation, not the High Rez , and use Regular Settings on Vividian ENB even though I got a 4 GHz CPU and a 1070.  FPS has been as low as 12 in cities.  For others with low frame rate, may want to try lowering the ENB settings.  

Edit: And those darn blue reflections on rocks are still there, so I still have blue shiny wet rocks.  

Mods Removed: 

• Birds and Flocks.
    • simplifies install, don't really miss it either, and it changes a bunch of random stuff. 

Mods Added 

• Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul

Install Notes:  

I really should use Normal or Low Resolutions 

I should really not use High Rez option for the Vividian ENB install. 

Otherwise I was getting 15-25 FPS in cities, with random studding. 

• Ruffled Feather
    • Download moved to STEP page. 

• Interesting NPCs, updating is easier.
    • NoN of the patches (besides Hearthfire and the Vampire NPCs) needs updating.

• Hearthfire Extended
    • Check if I had the Cutting Room floor patch before.

• Death Alternative now needs to be initialized.  Is off by default.

• Even Better Quest Objectives.
    • Patch removed from Requiem Patch central.  Use the one that comes with mod

• Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul 0.3.2.1
    • Main Part
      • Core - Full Version
    • Cutting Room Floor
      • Checked
    • Enhanced Lighting for ENB
      • Patch for ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
    • Enhanced Lights and FX
      • None
    • Open Cities Skyrim
      • Checked
    • Moonpath to Elsweyr
      • None
    • RRR
      • None

• NARC (install instructions have changed)
    • Install NARC Main file (not the other just yet)
      • Check Convenient Horses
    • Run installer 2nd time, Select Falskaar Main file this time
      • No patches
    • Run Installer 3rd time, select Requiem main file
      • No patches
    • Next, you need to make your own merged plugin.
      • Select
        • NARC.esp
        • NARC-Falskaar.esp
        • NARC-Requiem.esp
        • Falskaar.esm
        • Requiem.esp
      • Basically you need to make sure all changes count.   (a lot less work this time around)
        • Click the + symbol on the CARC plugin you loaded.  Then click the + symbol under the Factions and NPC Header
        • Check for any Discolored lines indicating there is a conflict or overwrite (yellow or red background)
        • Select Item, in the right pannel, drag and drop those record changes (forwarding) in Red Into the Right most NARC Patch (which is NARC-Requiem.esp for me)
        • Repeat for each item.
        • Exit TES5Edit and save. 
        • Done.  NARC is patched.

• Vividian install instructions
    • Troublemaker mods that should not be installed:
      • DynDoLOD Window Light LOD (please don't use this option)
      • ELFX - Weathers.esp (hide this in the ELFX mod)
    • Ini changes

[Display]

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bDrawLandShadows=1

bShadowsOnGrass=1

bDeferredShadows=1

fGamma=1.0000

iMultiSample=0 // turns off the game's multi-sampling AA

bTransparencyMultisampling=0 // turns off transparency AA

[imagespace]

bDoDepthOfField=1

Also disable Antialiasing and Anisoptric Filtering in your Skyrim prefs that are accessible via the launcher

• Skyrim Fixes

• Dim Torches

• None

• Red Lights Color Fix

• Put after lighting and weather mods

• Remove Sunglare

• Checked

• Compatibility patches for third party Mods

• Lanterns for Skyrim Preset

• Wearable Lanterns Preset

• Get rid of the wearable lanterns ENB patch

• Mindflux - Particle Patch

• Mindflux - Particle patch and fixes

• Ultimate HD Fire Effects, should overwrite particle patch.

• Mindflux - Subsurface scattering patch

• None (have SMIM)

• IMPORTANT: After you finished this Install, you will need to navigate to your Skyrim Data folder OR if you use Mod Organizer to your Mod Organizer/mods/Vividian ENB - Weather and Lighting Enhancement/ folder. Inside you will find a folder called "Vividian ENB Install Files". Copy the content of this folder into your Skyrim Main Directory where your TESV.exe and skyrimlauncher.exe is. Please delete any leftovers of other enb's before doing so! (enbseries folder, .fx files, ...)

• Explosive Bolts Visualized

• NOTE: Requiem explosive bolts, replacer.
  • Basically using the Requiem replacer.  After installing the requiem patch, you go and start up TES5Edit.  Check only STEP Extended Patch.esp
  • Once loaded, click the + beside STEP Extended Patch.esp
  • Click on File Header.
  • Find ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp
  • Right click Edit
  • Change this to "Requiem - Explosive Bolts Visualized.esp"
    • Must type this perfectly.  Did not test what happens if you mix this up, but you will not be able to load this esp (because of missing masters).  So if you make a mistake, then you need to re install the STEP Extended Patch.
  • Save and exit. 

• WARNING:
    • In order to install STEP Compilation Installer, you need Explosive Bolts visualized esp to be present.  You need to UN hide the esp, (make sure its activated) then install the STEP installer, then do the steps above.   This stumped me when trying to re install the STEP Compilation Installer, and it wouldn't give me "Eligible for STEP:Extended Patch" option. Only need to worry about this when re installing or updating. 

• DynDoLOD

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_5MWqeHIzw

• First 2 min is a demo of the mod.  Navigation starts at 2 min.

• I advise to watch the whole video.  Lots of information.

• Mods to note (mod specific Installation)

• Falskaar

• Can safely ignore error messages about missing IDs

• Lanterns of Skyrim

• Open Cities Skyrim

• 36:00

• SMIM

• SkyFalls and SkyMills

• Installation

• Archives -> (un check "Have MO manage archives")

• Plugins -> Enable all dummy plugins

•  Install DynDoLOD Resources.

• Follow Step Instructions

• Visual Options

• Whiterun Exterior

• Checked

• Solitude Exterior

• Checked

• High Hrothgar Window Glow

• none

• DLC2 Vvardenfell 3D Plume

• Checked

• Performance Options

• None

• Install DynDoLOD Patches

• Lanterns of Skyrim

• Add the DynDoLOD and TexGen exe's to MO

• Run TexGen

• DynDoLOD video advises against using the 512 LOD Texture Size option if you have lots of mods installed.  This definitely applies to this PACK.

• Start

• Open the DynDoLOD folder, and open TexGen_Output folder

• Archive the textures folder (named DynDoLOD Textures)

• Delete textures folder

• Install the DynDoLOD Textures mod into MO, adding it to the back of your load order.

• Empty your "Overwrite" folder.

• Preparing to launch DynDoLOD (thanks to Open Cities)

• Make a backup of your Mod Order and Load order. (Blue arrow to a disk in the MO window)

• Turn off all Open Cities Skyrim and patches, and uncheck all dependent mods in the Plugnins pannel

• Launch DynDoLOD

• I highly advise reading the documentation.  Please.

• Select Advanced.

• Vividian Asks that the Windows checkbox be left UNchecked.

• Fake lights child worlds (not applicable due to Open Cities, I think)

• Fake lights selected world

• I'm guessing should be ok?

• Select all worlds to update

• Select your quality (High)

• Under Options

• Generate Static LOD

• Checked

• Generate tree LOD

• Checked

• Create texture atlas

• Checked

• Generate DynDOLOD

• ---> UNCHECKED <---

• Click OK

• Once done, click Exit (NOT Save and exit)

• Navigate to DynDOLOD -> Edit Scripts -> DynDOLOD -> DynDOLOD_TES5.ini

• (I would advise making a copy, say appending .backup, before modifying. )

• Find "warnmodfilename"

• Delete "Open Cities Skyrim" from the list  (don't forget the comma too)

• Find "skyrim tamriel"

• Delete everything in the Skyrim Tamriel section, leaving the heading intact.

• Save the ini file.

• Activate Open Cities Skyrim and patches,

• Easiest is to load the backups of mod list and load order that you made earlier

• Run DynDOLOD a second time.

• Advanced

• Under Options

• Generate Static LOD

• unchecked

• Generate tree LOD

• unchecked

• Create texture atlas

• unchecked

• Generate DynDOLOD

• Checked

• Select High setting (or whatever you did before)

• Click OK

• Save DynDoLOD when finished (unlike last time)

• Go back to the DynDoLOD folder and this time archive everything inside the DynDoLOD_Output folder

• Install in MO

• Make sure esp is activated.

• Clean up:

• Remember to enable MO handling archives, and disable the placeholders.

Edited by Mr_Moal