I've put this pack together and am about to start a playthrough. Everything seems to be working very well except for the last mod, Real Shelter. No matter what I try, I can't get the transition from shelter to work well. So I'm planning to turn that one off for now unless you have any suggestions.

Overall, though, this is a very impressive mod list to get functioning so well. Good job, Moal!

Hi and welcome. Good to know you have done ok so far getting things set up. The last fellow before you was less than encouraging.

I need a little more information to know what's going on with the real shelter. First check is what's the date on the download, have not checked the mod for a while.

What do you mean by "transitions not working well". The rain will look different. Lots of progress has been made to get things looking decent and close, but with this script heavy pack, there will be a noticeable hesitation (100~200 ms) for transitions. The mod author has worked wonders getting things optimized, comparing to how it was before. There are a bunch of settings that can be toggled in game, and several in the setup of the mod, to work out "most" major bugs. I remember seeing an experimental rain texture patch somewhere that can be enabled if you are having problems.

Are you doing the Real shelter last? I know lots of stuff (requiem for the indifferent.esp, and DynDoLOD say they should be the last esp, but real shelter is the real last esp. worth checking:)

Also, what is the system you are using. Anything less than an i7 4 core with ~4.00 Ghz and a 900 series of better graphics care will struggle (you will unfortunately have to install the low Rez options in STEP Extended, choose the low quality DynDoLOD option, and the performance ENB options). Probably should put that as a proper note somewhere on the main page's wall of text :)

Hopefully this is an easy one to sort out. If you care, please do some benchmarks, primarily FPS. Some people have reported (my brother one of them) that they only get 30 FPS in some area, like marcarth and whiterun. The ENB settings I give are mid level, so if you get low FPS the first thing you want to do is go back and reinstall with low settings (should not even have to re patch anything either). That should give you lots of FPS if you pick the performance options.

I've been around for a few months. :;): I set things (mostly) up last May or so, but stalled and lost interest. I updated things over the Holiday break and solved a couple of things that had been niggling. But Real Shelter...
I just couldn't get it to work as well as I'd hoped.

What I meant by the transitions not working well was there was a very large visual and auditory mismatch. Depending on what weather system was running in Vividian, the mismatch ranged from subtle to outright immersion-breaking. I turned the sound down and played with the textures in MCM, but it seemed like what helped for light rain made heavy rain a worse match, and vice-versa. The hesitation wasn't really a problem for me - I expected that.

It hasn't been updated since this guide hit 1.0, so whatever you installed is what it's at. Yes, I'm loading it last-last. Maybe I should look around for some texture patches - I'll let you know if I do. And let me know if you come across any that work well with Vividian.

I'm running an i5 4670k at ~ 4.5 Ghz and a 970. I didn't pick any of the insane options for textures, but I haven't tried scaling everything down to the "performance" level. Personally, I don't care if I don't hit a full 60 fps all the time (although I think I'm usually at 60 with this setup).

• 4 weeks later...

Need some help with Draugr.

I'm having a lot of fun playing Requiem with this pack but I'm having a lot of trouble progressing through anywhere with Draugr. Using a silver weapon and fire spells helps with the regular Draugr but then I encounter ones that I can't dent at all.

I figured I was just too low level for Bleak Falls Barrow and went and did some companion quest lines and then tried to come back but still not able to hurt some of them.

I looked at them in the console(See attached picture) and discovered they are level 30 and have 737 damage resist. I did some googling and found that there is an issue with Skyrim Immersive creatures adding armor to Draugr and that can cause the increased damage resistance but I don't believe I have SIC installed as this pack didn't say to install it and the only extra mods I added were textures, a player home and UNP body.

Any idea what could be causing these beefy Draugr?

post-10899-0-35059200-1486399716_thumb.jpg

Upon further investigation with the MFG console I discovered that there is an active effect of Fortify Armor Rating from Requiem that is adding + 550.

The Draugr is also equipped with an Iron Shield (110 Armor rating) and an Ancient Nord Helmet (77 Armor rating). Giving it the grand total of 737 armor rating.

I understand that Requiem normally buffs the Draugr with the fortify armor to make then a bit beefier, but investigating other spawned draugr, their armor buff is around 100-200.

Is this normal?

Sometimes there are draugr lords and other high level draugr mixed in (think the same mentality as the purpose of creepers in minecraft). If the draugr is able to shout, you either kill it fast (flame atronach really helps) or you can be in for a rough time.

Are you talking about complete immunity, or just really hard to kill? BFB (last room for sure) has a pile of draugr that can shout, it really sucks, and a pure warrior who rushes in there is going to have a very rough time. You need to take them as few as possible at a time.

I know requiem for sure mixes in some stronger NPC with the regular guys, so you never know.

Glad I found this! I love, love, love Requiem, and recently built a new PC more than capable of handling STEP. I installed STEP: Extended first, then Requiem, and had problems. Followed that up by reverting to STEP:Core, same issue. I use a few additional mods, and have been recently trying to identify where the problems are. Now I find this pack. Freaking awesome!

All that being said, is there a particular reason you chose iNeed over RND? Also, do you see any reason RND would not work with this pack?

There was a reason I picked iNeed over RND...umm,

Vagly, I recall I was a matter of compatibility patches. RND needs a patch with hunterborn, frostfall, requiem, and a pile of others, and then I needed patches for my patches. I loved RND, it's one of those core immersive mods that brought life to Skyrim for me again, but the patches... iNeed didn't have the same performance cost or patch requirements, and this pack has absolutely no room for any more performance hungry mods. That's what I recall off the top of my head.

If you want RND (and I have not looked into it for a year or 2), you will need to be very careful with your patches. There are patches used/referenced in this pack that will need to be swapped out for the appropriate combo patch related to RND. Otherwise if you patch correctly it's probably ok. I think.

Oh ya, the cooking system in RND don't work right without the patches (problem with recipies or something)

• 2 weeks later...

Requiem will be coming out with a new version sometime soon. Will need to look up exactly when, but the beta is out being play tested so things are looking good. There are numerous changes occurring in this new update, and there may be a basic needs setup using food and regular sleep patterns. Depending on how that works out, I may drop iNeeds from my mod list.

Due to the numerous numbers of changes, updating this pack will take some time, though I guess when I get the itch, it will be done rather quickly. In the mean time, I'd like to get a character to have survived Skyrim for at least 30-40 hours, and maybe even be able to do the first ESF-Companions quest line, heck I might even survive long enough to kill my first dragon in don't know how many months. Let me know your experiences in Skyrim, all those fun stories of hidden saber cats, and randomly wandering wizards who like to fry strangers.

There is a note worthy bug in honed metal, relating to enchanting. The last update fixed a bunch of bugs, but introduced a new one. You can not both use the mod to pay for enchanting, and also be an enchanter yourself. The first time you click on the menu option to have something enchanted, a script runs to set up the enchanter's selection of available enchants. This has the side effect of removing all of your available enchants. To get your enchants back, YOU MUST RELOAD an earlier save. You can not relearn the enchants, and you can't console them back. (author says he will have a fix for this next update in the MCM menu).

Short version, if you want to enchant yourself, you can never use the enchanting services. I was trying to use it to learn a specific enchant for my noob enchanter by getting Farengar to enchant an iron dagger for me.

Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled by Dj20 and Sp0rk

is on the "Dangerous, Outdated and Superseded Mods" list

https://steamcommuni...90681422555089/

The recommended replacement mod is Complete Fast Travel Overhaul
https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/68221/?

The Civil War Overhaul mod is no longer available, the mod author has withdrawn the mod.

So you may want to remove it from the Pack.

The Pack uses SM Drop Lit Torches, and has the comments:

"Had a CTD related to this. Still confirming. For now, I would suggest uninstalling this mod, and relying on Wearable Lanterns for your dungeon lighting needs

• These two may also conflict. Investigation ongoing."

There is a newer mod

Simple Drop Lit Torches by Snotgurg

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56566/?

which may be worth investigating.

The Pack includes Harvest Overhaul by Omeletter and Xubarku.

Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (CACO) by kryptopyr - is a popular mod from a well known mod developer.

CACO fully integrates the Harvest Overhaul mod.

The problem has been that there was no Requiem patch for CACO.

But just this week a new patch was released.

Requiem - Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul Compatibility Patch by schofida

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81899/?

It is still very immature and untested. But it may be worth considering for the future.

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since I got psyched up to do a rebuild of this pack. I was checking out the Ultimate Skyrim mod pack a little (have to read through the full mod list soon) and it looks rather cool, though has some differences between it and this pack (i still really like open cities, hunter born, etc). I was considering just installing that (smarter people involved in its set up) but open cities and riding my horse right up to the General store in whiterun is just too much to give up (: I also note that there is no death overhaul mod, which I find is mandatory if you are playing a dead is dead play through (Enable the option that keeps you from getting knocked out so long as you have a summon or follower up, it greatly improves things). I'll know more after I properly investigate the mod setup.

I am thinking of poaching a few of the ideas from that mod pack, looking at the lighting set up, the notice board, names, etc. there are lots of bits and pieces that look interesting that could enhance and or replace stuff from this pack in general. However, one concern is that with mods like open cities and AI overhaul, adding some of the animal behavior AI could be a bit much.

This whole process will probably take a month or two though. I really want to wait until the next major release of requiem comes out though, for which there has been no new news since December.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what do you know, STEP has been updated. Looking through the change log, I notice that a fair number of things are changed, some mods are no longer available, etc. this is starting to look like a full pack rebuild to me rather than just a few tweaks. There have been a number of ideas posted earlier in this forum, and I know some things have bugs that new versions have since fixed. Soooo, how long? Wellllllll. This is a large pack, there is a huge amount of reading to do. Then there is making patches (which I need to learn properly). Maybe I'll make a proper Nexus account too. Ah, the possibilities.

For now, this pack is not dead, just it's going to be a bit before I update, but within a month or so, I think...

Just my luck I'll have it updated and then requiem 1.9.5 will come out. (Which means I need to update sooner?)

Edit: found this mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78935/?

Follower Mod. It looks awsome, will probably replace EFF.

Edited by Mr_Moal