Lights flicker when changing directional view

jonnrev

Question

I know this is a known issue at the start with the mara statue. On the guide it says "This is a bug only when initially starting a new game. Simply use the Mara statue to continue with the game error free or save and reload to get rid of the problem". Ive had this happen to 3 different places now in the game. In the dungeon entrance where that blind guy is stationed in, Silver hand hideout, and companion hallway between two rooms. The light doesn't flicker completely off, but instead it changes lighting shade. Really hoping this is all there is and hopefully i don't find anymore during my playthrough. I tried reloaded and it still happens.

I actually have been seriously tempted to use that mod. I wonder if the problem is with the mesh somehow, but that doesn't explain why some have it and some seemingly don't.

Me too. Having the same flickering problems. It's distracting. I took some pictures of the same brazier that was posted earlier. Nothing has helped.

FYI: I asked Mangaclub where the smokeparticles01.dds is used across Skyrim, as the transparent texture overwrites Vivid Weathers:

Mangaclub: "[...] alot of smoke is reused by dwemer mechaneries and waterfalls / water splashes. If nothing seems wrong there then its most likley ok"

Hi,

I fixed it!  (in my setup, at least....)

So I have always had this problem with the lights in the AS-LAL start room flickering as I turn slightly, and its always annoyed me.  It happened regardless of my INI/ENB settings -- using default settings, STEP settings, or SRLE settings.  But I have managed to fix it in my Conflict Resolution file.  There are 2 Initially Disabled lights in CELL 00021594 (AbandonedPrison01) in EnhancedLightsandFX.esp:

00057C5C:

[REFR:00057C5C] (places CandleHornTable01 [sTAT:0001F24A] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of AbandonedPrison01 "Abandoned Prison" [CELL:00021594])

00057C5D:

[REFR:00057C5D] (places BleakFallsCandleLight01 [LIGH:0002EE04] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of AbandonedPrison01 "Abandoned Prison" [CELL:00021594])

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp overrides these records, reactivates, and slightly moves these 2 lights.

I fixed it (in my setup) by carrying forward the elfx.esp record for both of these FormIDs to my conflict resolution file.  I haven't had a hint of flickering in that room since doing this.

YAY!

Dan.

• +1 2

Hi,

I fixed it!  (in my setup, at least....)

So I have always had this problem with the lights in the AS-LAL start room flickering as I turn slightly, and its always annoyed me.  It happened regardless of my INI/ENB settings -- using default settings, STEP settings, or SRLE settings.  But I have managed to fix it in my Conflict Resolution file.  There are 2 Initially Disabled lights in CELL 00021594 (AbandonedPrison01) in EnhancedLightsandFX.esp:

00057C5C:

[REFR:00057C5C] (places CandleHornTable01 [sTAT:0001F24A] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of AbandonedPrison01 "Abandoned Prison" [CELL:00021594])

00057C5D:

[REFR:00057C5D] (places BleakFallsCandleLight01 [LIGH:0002EE04] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of AbandonedPrison01 "Abandoned Prison" [CELL:00021594])

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp overrides these records, reactivates, and slightly moves these 2 lights.

I fixed it (in my setup) by carrying forward the elfx.esp record for both of these FormIDs to my conflict resolution file.  I haven't had a hint of flickering in that room since doing this.

YAY!

Dan.

This does indeed fix the flickering in the AS-LAL room, but are there any repercussions down the line? For reference, these are the two edits that tanzplagen is suggesting:

[00] Skyrim.esm \ Cell \ Block 6 \ Sub-Block 9 \ 00021594 <AbandonedPrison01> \ Temporary \ 00057C5C

[00] Skyrim.esm \ Cell \ Block 6 \ Sub-Block 9 \ 00021594 <AbandonedPrison01> \ Temporary \ 00057C5D

You can right-click on the record from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp and copy it as an override either into SR Conflict Resolution.esp or into your own new/custom patch file.