Photo

Went through the guide, hit a brick wall.

troubleshooting skyrim step guide crash

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:31 PM

MO preserves a lot but not everything. It saves the list of mods, the mod priority order, and the plugin order for each profile. It doesn't save the mod files themself for each profile; this would take a huge amount of space. I have several profiles that use different installation options for a few of the mods (e.g., a STEP Extended profile that uses Skyrim Flora Overhaul basic (1.87) and another profile that uses the most recent version of Skyrim Flora Overhaul (2.5b)). When this happens I save different versions of the installed mod, each with different installed options to use with the associated profile. Each different version has with a different name (e.g., SFO Basic and SFO 2.5b, and two different versions of the DynDOLOD files).

Same. I multiple installation of several mods for different profiles.

#32 Zerotix

Zerotix

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:35 PM

I guess when I said everything I was thinking of the vanilla game files. I like MO's system of handling how the mods affect the game. The only real reason I'd want to use multiple profile is if I'm testing out extra mods. My intention is to get the extra mods I want for the vanilla game, play said game, then play through the DLC (which I missed out on when the game came out) and several quest mods (Falskaar $ Wyrmtooth). My system should be able to handle everything maxed out, but honestly I just want to game to be stable with no microstutter. It frustrates me that I'm still getting microstutter, but then again, my AC is broken and it's 80 degrees in here. I'm hoping that's the only issue...

There is one glitch I've noticed. Every time I run over anything dead, I seem to glide over it at soundbreaking speed. It's not an issue now, honestly it's quite entertaining, but I can imagine this being a problem in tight spaces. I'm assuming this has to do with the Paralyze mod, but I'm not sure. I only have Core mods, so no realistic ragdolls here. Maybe that's why?

#33 Zerotix

Zerotix

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:38 PM

EDIT: I read something completely wrong.

Edited by Zerotix, 23 April 2016 - 08:42 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: troubleshooting, skyrim, step, guide, crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users