Possibly The Most Realistic Rocks and Mountains in Skyrim

Ramrod51

Just found these, released very recently.

Still at work, so can't test yet.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27753 (Mountain textures, up to 8k resolution)

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27681 (HD Masonry bridge)

I don't have an expert eye for texture comparison, but these are looking very very crisp and high quality!

On the down-side they seem to be a little repetitive... but apparantly the author is still working on that.

Merged the threads, please use search before creating new topics.

Edit: Because the name is so long (really?) anyone responding will probably get an error saying the subject's too long.  This is because with the addition of "Re:" the subject name is too long.  Since I merged the threads, it doesn't seem to let me change the thread name.

They may be great textures, but in my opinion they're ahead of their time (it may never been their time). The textures are done so good that they don't blend well with the rest of the textures in the game. They look out of place and break immersion. Great textures, wrong game.

They may be great textures' date=' but in my opinion they're ahead of their time (it may never been their time). The textures are done so good that they don't blend well with the rest of the textures in the game. They look out of place and break immersion. Great textures, wrong game.[/quote']

The same thing was said for Climates of Tamriel when it first came out.

Perhaps, as graphics card power and nvram continue to grow, and modders continue to improve their mods, one day we will have a skyrim full of textures like this...

:woot:

It's not the quality of the texture that's the issue. There are plenty of mods with very high quality textures. It just doesn't fit the game's art style.

Exactly! It would require a complete texture overhaul for them to fit into the game. Thing is, there are already a dozen texture overhauls and these rocks still wouldn't mix with any of them.