So Valve are looking to bring back paid mods?

9P6MzFu.png

And a month ago they added a tonne of string updates referring to these paid mods. Apparently the above text in the image is now showing up on every Workshop item for all games.

I'm sure this will go down well here right? Just before Fallout 4 CK releases too with its long delay over previous kits...

It is just a matter of time. This being larger than just bethesda games and all. 

It is a rather nice addition to paid DLC for most games. If done right by a developers it could let them focus on bug fixes and leave their community to do content additions. 

But again the keyword is as always... "done right"... 

Well guys, I can't say I have much faith after the mess that is Steam Greenlight. Valve don't care about that, so most of the releases are a joke, with more asset flips and stolen content than anyone thought imaginable; Prepare for steal-ageddon!

The only good way would be to put a direct donation button on the side, so no one has to go though externally. I don't trust Zenimax to do the right thing either though, so all I can do is hope for the best. If Beth want console mods with Fallout 4, I'm guessing it WILL be done outside Steam of course. Maybe that is a good bet you have there Tech...

Edited by Guest