RUSTIC WORD WALLS (by Gamwich)

Sixxness

Already had this in, but haven't had time to test it yet. My only concern wont be the stones themselves, but thier affect on the dungeons and such that derive thier textures from these same textures. Gam mentions this in his description, but worth mentioning again for those who missed that.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to say that I'm not really a fan of this one. It's not bad, just not my cup of tea. STEP's does venture away from vanilla slightly and Gamwich's detailing work looks better which is visible in the last set. However, the bumpy effect is too much for me. This is a fairly good departure from the smoother vanilla surface, and as you can see in the 3rd and 4th sets, it's very noticeable.

I'm going to say this one, in it's current state, isn't good for STEP.

After thinking a bit, the only thing I wasn't happy with was that normal map causing the bumpy look. So I hid it and took another round of shots. In Gamwich style, this is likely more closer to vanilla now but with just a darker palette. I noticed the lettering is a bit more sharp and clear with Gamwich's texture. I think I would be happy with either STEP or Rustic, however, Rustic likely pulls ahead of STEP just slightly here when you start comparing the pros and cons.

I feel that the markings/engravings are too dark in this one, and that they stand out too harshly against the wall, which is especially clear on the first set of snow pictures. There's also the issue that the letters are harder to read on both this and the current STEP mod due to them blending into the wall, but I'm not sure what could be done about that. Everything else about this mod does look closer to vanilla than the current mod, though.

• 1 month later...

After looking more at them before I can say that my current build is done I can say that I still prefer the STEP version (idk who did them?) even if Gamwich textures are high quality.

In actual STEP, the middle part looks better and you can see that some stuff from vanilla is still there under the words, wich look bad imo, STEP may be less realistic but is more "clean" and I prefer that here).

Only Gamwich textures that are marked as being tested here I don't use are the Standing Stones ones and these ones.

Edited by Zorkha