Greatsword Sheaths and Scabbards Redux (by rpsgc, MadCat221)

rpsgc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was testing 2.2.9 extended, and Better Shaped weapons makes the greatswords have full-size scabbards, so for continuity, at least for 2.2.9, we should use the full-size scabbards.

Agree. I have the full scabbards installed in my game and they look really good!

• 2 months later...

Sorry if this is the wrong thread; I'm installing for the first time and trying to follow instructions. The Wiki doesn't give a recommendation on the 4th install option:

Skyforge Steal

[ ] Skyforge Steel

[ ] None (default)

The Nexus page for the mod says "If you are using CaBaL120's "Book of Silence" copy the 'meshes' subfolder from '04 Skyforge Steel', '04 Skyforge Steel Fullsize' or '04 Skyforge Steel Vanilla' (see above) to your 'SkyrimData' directory."

Since STEP uses Book of Silence, I figure I should be checking Skyforge Steel here? If this is recommended I'll add it to the Wiki, if someone else doesn't first.

Edited by Morsk

• 1 month later...

Having a somewhat  minor problem with Elven Dagger(and what I presume is this mod). If duelwielding Elven Dagger(or perhaps just having an Elven Dagger in your left hand), instead of an Elven Dagger sheath, a Dwarven Dagger sheath will show instead(the are almost the same, but Elven Dagger have a curve, whereas Dwarven Daggers are symetrical).

I suppose this could be a problem with Duel Sheath Redux. Just before I equipped the Elven Daggers, I had duel Steel Daggers equipped. They were both tempered to "Fine". When I then equipped the Elven Dagger in my right hand(the first one I got) and a Steel Dagger in my left hand, two Steal Daggers would be visible(I use the on-back-hip thing that STEP recommends), and when I drew my daggers, my right hand weapon(the Elven Dagger) would be invisible. When I dropped one of the Steel Daggers, it seemingly fixed it(but calling that a fix would be a stretch). 

But my current problem is that the left hand Elven Dagger sheath is a Dwarven Dagger sheath.

[spoiler=Plugin list]# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmRaceCompatibility.esmSPERG.esmCutting Room Floor.espDr_Bandolier.espBWS.espFootprints.espHigh Level Enemies - Dragonborn.espTraps Make Noise.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espNoxUE2.00.espAnimated Weapon Enchants.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espClamsDropPearls.espSMIM-DragonbornTernFix.espBrows.espDead Body Collision.espCloaks - Dawnguard.espBetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.espSMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.espGrassOnSteroids_Short.espMoss Rocks.espRainbows.espGreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.esp83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.espDual Wield Parrying_SKSE.espDawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.espChesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espNausicaa's Tweaker.espBFSEffects.espfFastTravelSpeedMult_4.espParalyze.espRaceMenuPlugin.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espADS.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espRadiant and Unique Potions and Poisons v2.0 non glow.espRaceMenu.espSMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.espElemental Staves.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.espRealisticWaterTwo.espBring Out Your Dead.espBetterQuestObjectives.espBetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espFootprints - Ash.espSMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.espMoss Rocks_DB.espBeards.espThieves Guild Requirements.espShootingStars.espSkyUI.espTradeBarter.espDual Sheath Redux.espDodge Mod.espSoul Gems Differ.espThe Ningheim.espWetandCold.espWetandCold - Ashes.espAOS.espIHSS.espWeapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espSPERG.espWhen Vampires Attack.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espaMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.espRaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espScarcity - Less Loot Mod.espNoRareVendorMetals.espNonEssentialChildren.espScarcity - 6x Merchant Item Rarity.espScarcity - 8x Loot Rarity.espBetter Skill and Quest Books Names.espBetterQuestObjectives-BSaQBPatch.espHigh Level Enemies.espHigh Level Enemies - Dawnguard.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espOblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.espBirdsHFclean.espSkyrimSewers.espPoint The Way.espHearthfireChimneys.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espRun For Your Lives.espTheChoiceIsYours.espImmersive Patrols II.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixes.espApocalypse - The Spell Package.espDragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.espAOS2_DCOd Patch.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.espBlockSparkles.espGildergreen Regrown.espTheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.espChesko_Step418_SN.espdD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.espSTEP Extended Patch.espiHUD.espmintylightningmod.esprandomthunder.espAlternate Start - Live Another Life.espBetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.espBashed Patch, 0.espDual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

Furthermore, when I equip nothing but an Elven Dagger in the left hand(and doesn't duel wield, no weapon in the right hand), I can see both weapons sheathed, and the left hand weapon is still a Dwarven Dagger Sheath. However, if I equip my Elven Dagger only in the right hand, it only shows the right hand weapon, and with the right hand it consistently uses the correct sheath.

• 7 months later...

Hopefully at some point we can just rely on one mod, but not yet I guess.

I'm hoping that at some point someone covers scabbards for Ancient Nordic weapons - I understand the BSW author's reason for not doing it, but there's got to be some kind of appropriate way to make something that fits in with Draugrs that will also look cool to wear as a player wielding such a weapon.  The weapons are very common as Draugrs are throughout the game.  The greatswords are pretty badass looking.  It's a shame to not have a proper scabbard to keep it in when on the back.  Maybe a scabbard that was made of metal rims and some kind of material that has deteriorated, but since the metal lasts, the metal remains as some kind of crude bare-bones scabbard that still shows most of the sword (because the material that would normally cover it has deteriorated).  A chain could be used as a "strap"...  In other words - there are ways to make it look cool and work logically.