Is it worth intsall DDSopt for me ?

1tay

Question

I have a pretty good PC but got some stutter and lag issues... Is it worth for me to try and optimize my game through DDSopt in a chance to fix those ? 

PC :

AMD R9 390

Intel i5 6500

Windows 10 

Samsung 850 Evo SSD

3 answers to this question

Using DDSopt on the vanilla Skyrim files provides better stability and quality even if the texture sizes aren't reduced, and reduced VRAm use if landscape textures are reduced in size. This can be done using one of the available already optimized replacements for the vanilla files or it can be done as described in the DDSopt Quick Start guide. Obviously using one of the existing optimized files is simpler.

Using DDSopt to reduce mod texture size is primarily useful if the game regularly hits the VRAM limits with the GPU. Skyrim Performance Monitor or GPU-Z can be used to help determine whether this is happening. You didn't mention how much VRAM is available on the graphics card so I assume there is at least 4 Gb of VRAM; if there is less then optimization and/or careful selection of texture sizes is needed.

Using DDSopt on the vanilla Skyrim files provides better stability and quality even if the texture sizes aren't reduced, and reduced VRAm use if landscape textures are reduced in size. This can be done using one of the available already optimized replacements for the vanilla files or it can be done as described in the DDSopt Quick Start guide. Obviously using one of the existing optimized files is simpler.

Using DDSopt to reduce mod texture size is primarily useful if the game regularly hits the VRAM limits with the GPU. Skyrim Performance Monitor or GPU-Z can be used to help determine whether this is happening. You didn't mention how much VRAM is available on the graphics card so I assume there is at least 4 Gb of VRAM; if there is less then optimization and/or careful selection of texture sizes is needed.

well i followed the quick quide didnt understand it really ... where can i find the existing optimized files and what do i do with them after that ?