Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition News

Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition

Welcome to the new sticky thread for base SR:LE replacing the old "Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback" thread which has now been retired. While the guide has not had an "official release" it is being used by a great number of people and probably does not need one so it is time to make a new thread. That and the old thread got to 500 pages and probably causes all kinds of forum software headaches. :)

Main purpose of this sticky is to provide news on major changes and solicit feedback on any changes I make to the guide in an organic way.

• +1 9

5/22/2016 5:30PM PST:

Changed from Skyrim Realistic Overhaul to Noble Skyrim. I have been personally using this setup for awhile now to give it a good run and feel comfortable enough to recommend it. Noble Skyrim has very high quality textures and I feel very comfortable trading it in place of SRO since that was only available via a torrent.

Added:

Noble Skyrim

Project Parallax Revived

Removed:

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul

Project Parallax Remastered

• +1 1

Woooo! Second post. :-P

But more seriously, have you had a chance to look at Sheson and Meh321's SKSE Plugin Preloader? Any thoughts on its efficacy? I saw one report that it may break scripts, but that was a lone person.

Edit: Actually I probably should have waited to post, not sure if you want more room for stuff on page 1. Feel free to delete, hide or move this if you want more room for further news or other items of importance.

• +1 1

Woooo! Second post. :-P

But more seriously, have you had a chance to look at Sheson and Meh321's SKSE Plugin Preloader? Any thoughts on its efficacy? I saw one report that it may break scripts, but that was a lone person.

I have been giving it a run since it launched and thus far have had a few problems. I have been able to resolve them all thus far via updates and settings. Setting "UseOSAllocators=1" by itself caused RaceMenu to CTD my game during testing. Since then I have also set "AlignHeapAllocate=1" and that appears to have solved that issue.

Will be giving it some more time before officially switching the guide over to it.

• +1 1

Small correction for the SR Conflict Resolution: DialogTopic 0002BDDD > 000EA261 "DialogueWhiterunGuardGateStop" is no longer referenced in Live Another Life. It has been replaced by "ARTHLALWhiterunGuardConfrontationQuest "LAL replacement for the guard dialogue outside the main gate." [QUST:BB29847F]" .

• +1 1

Small correction for the SR Conflict Resolution: DialogTopic 0002BDDD > 000EA261 "DialogueWhiterunGuardGateStop" is no longer referenced in Live Another Life. It has been replaced by "ARTHLALWhiterunGuardConfrontationQuest "LAL replacement for the guard dialogue outside the main gate." [QUST:BB29847F]" .

Fixed. :)

The history page has worked great for me so far.. the bigger updates often come with small notes. Neo mostly posts his reasoning behind the bigger updates here as well. I think having a separate change log or sub forum on top of that would only increase the workload with little to no real added value

• +1 1

I dont mean for this to come out wrong, I'm very greatful for everything neo and the STEP team do, But there is this thing called real life and it gets old loading all of the different history change pages. Some of us perfer to do it once a week because I'm sure everyone here has responsibilities at which point the history pages get ridiculous. There has to be a better way to record changes and the FOMOD isntructions. Sorry to go off topic Neo

well life is important but so does Neo's. Why should he work more so that you can have an easier life ? no offense...

History works great and even for a weeks time of changes you still can follow it. Just ignore all the wiki coding and you can see even the fomods changes easy. 

• +1 1