#76 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

Reasserting what s4n and Tech have stated:

Mod pages --other than creation or edit of the metadata outside of Recommendations-- is STEP Staff territorry, so please post to the Bug Reports Topic if you notice anything that needs updating, and we'll take care of it.

For almost all other wiki pages (aside from those under STEP namespace), everyone should be able to edit anything, but do post a new topic here for separate issues (also use the appropriate topic prefix during topic creation [available in Full Editor only])

We appreciate any and all assistance ;)

I'm assuming that any FOMOD guidelines like the left need to be updated to the one on the right?

Old%20FOMOD_zpswhlrcmdj.pngNew%20FOMOD_zpssx8xkdct.png

If you are willing ... peronally, I find that template exceedingly difficult to use, and there is a ton of unnecessary 'white'space created.

It just seems much easier to use the FOMOD template, and I think it is more readable for all but the most complex, nested FOMODs

#77 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,040 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

I think many users and several staff have stated they prefer DY's new template (one on the right) because it...

1. Saves screen space because some complex FOMODs end up being a very, very long, long page
  2. It mimics the actual FOMOD installation and is thus immediately intuitive in it's instruction and installation

#78 Xaviien

Xaviien

Knight

• VIP-Supporter
  • Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

I absolutely agree. The old template does work just fine with simpler installs, but having 2 different templates in use can definitely cause some confusion, due to not being consistent.

As for the new tenplate being harder to use, yes, it can be difficult to get right if you are coding it from scratch, but I find most wiki related things are easier if you copy and paste, then fill the "blanks", adding or subtracting sections where needed.

Edited by Xaviien, 09 February 2015 - 10:55 PM.

#79 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:55 PM

Whatever you guys prefer is fine with me. I did not like using the newer template at all, because I actually did create one from scratch and found it very tedious ... perhaps it is simpler for users to reference though ... We should definitely pick one and then delete the other template once all are converted (to prevent reuse elsewhere)

I would like to see the (vertical) white space reduced though, just to tighten it up a bit.

#80 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,040 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:35 PM

It could be reduced some. That was DYs beast so I'd hit him up in doing that.

#81 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:56 PM

He'll probably stumble onto this thread sooner or later and supply his insights ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users