Some comments after following through the steps

Hi,

After following the STEP guide for Fallout 3 , i've played till lvl 5. I'm quite positive on the stability of the game. Very good guide.

1) ENB or not

I did not want to have an ENB. Problem is i have 2 monitors and i like to log progress. Alt-Tab function on full game fails miserably on windows 10. I used One Tweak for FO3 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/21337/?

I know there are other options but guide did not include an alternative to borderless via ENB. This might be an option for people who does not want an ENB.

2) 19th and 20th Century Weapons for me adds too much material where i got lost. Also it feels like i might not have done the installation properly. so i'd chosen not to include it.

3) First time i run the game , i'm quite upset with armor mods. You enter springvale and all armors are there. So i merged the plugins, remove these from containers and try to add them to levelled list. It might be that this is done in the Wasteland patch but as i removed the 19-20th Century Weapons, i could not use that patch.

Merged Armor mods (you still need to install them but put the esp's to optional) . I've attached for the people who are also upset about it. 

Exeter-Type3-armor.zip is attached for the esp.

I can see that i'm now getting the armor as loot and raiders as such is using them. I might not be good at arranging possibilities but this is nicer than finding all good armor at the start of the game. now, it is random.if you still want to have a certain armor, added them to 2 vendors. you can pay for it if you want any of those armors fast without console.

Please note that it is the first time i've played with the levelled list files so it might not be perfect. At least this works for me.

4) Looking at quests I'm pretty much lost in 3DNPC Fallout Bundle . No clear installation instruction. Looks interesting but i opt for not going for it as i could not be sure. 

5) I've installed Doctor Leskos but i'm not sure if it will run smoothly or not as there were couple of conflicts in TES4 edit. I could not understand the implications. So to be seen.

6) As companion, Ties That Bind seems to match well though i removed it, TeS4 edit comparion looks nice. Brissa Aldomovar along with FWE patch looks ok too.

Ties That Bind  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19941/?

Brissa Aldomovar https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/14448/?

Dont forget to enable related plugin from JIP Companion Control

7) There was a texture issue with Moriarty. Using Breze's Male bodies instead of Robert's solved the issue for me. 

8) In bashed patch, if you also like to have initials for different armor/weapon to sort easier, there is a problem with TWPC patch where names will revert back to normal. You might want to create your own patch and overwrite name from bashed patch. 

Hi,

After following the STEP guide for Fallout 3 , i've played till lvl 5. I'm quite positive on the stability of the game. Very good guide.

1) ENB or not

I did not want to have an ENB. Problem is i have 2 monitors and i like to log progress. Alt-Tab function on full game fails miserably on windows 10. I used One Tweak for FO3 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/21337/?

I know there are other options but guide did not include an alternative to borderless via ENB. This might be an option for people who does not want an ENB.

That will be added to the guide as an option. Note that adding ENBoost doesn't add any ENB graphics, but some users might not want even this capability.

2) 19th and 20th Century Weapons for me adds too much material where i got lost. Also it feels like i might not have done the installation properly. so i'd chosen not to include it.

It's included, as an optional addition, for those who want a lot of weapon choices. There are problems for some users so not everyone will want to add it.

3) First time i run the game , i'm quite upset with armor mods. You enter springvale and all armors are there. So i merged the plugins, remove these from containers and try to add them to levelled list. It might be that this is done in the Wasteland patch but as i removed the 19-20th Century Weapons, i could not use that patch.

The instructions for removing these containers can be added to the guide as part of the installation instuctions for the mod. Do you have the details of what should be removed, or do you want to add this to the guide yourself?

Merged Armor mods (you still need to install them but put the esp's to optional) . I've attached for the people who are also upset about it. 

attachicon.gifExeter-Type3-armor.zip is attached for the esp.

A note will be added to the guide to point to this merged set of mods. The armor mods are listed separately since there are a lot of them and users may not want all. If they do, having a merged plugin simplifies their installation. Some of the Exeter armor is only available in a container and isn't available in levelled lists. Does this merged plugin add these to levelled lists and remove the containers?

I can see that i'm now getting the armor as loot and raiders as such is using them. I might not be good at arranging possibilities but this is nicer than finding all good armor at the start of the game. now, it is random.if you still want to have a certain armor, added them to 2 vendors. you can pay for it if you want any of those armors fast without console.

Please note that it is the first time i've played with the levelled list files so it might not be perfect. At least this works for me.

4) Looking at quests I'm pretty much lost in 3DNPC Fallout Bundle . No clear installation instruction. Looks interesting but i opt for not going for it as i could not be sure. 

It's still a WIP and there hasn't been much change lately. I'll look at the installation and see if it can be explained simply.

5) I've installed Doctor Leskos but i'm not sure if it will run smoothly or not as there were couple of conflicts in TES4 edit. I could not understand the implications. So to be seen.

6) As companion, Ties That Bind seems to match well though i removed it, TeS4 edit comparion looks nice. Brissa Aldomovar along with FWE patch looks ok too.

Ties That Bind  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19941/?

Brissa Aldomovar https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/14448/?

Dont forget to enable related plugin from JIP Companion Control

7) There was a texture issue with Moriarty. Using Breze's Male bodies instead of Robert's solved the issue for me. 

Moriarty has always been a problem for male body and armor mods. If we ever find a solutio that works for all or almost all users we can add it to the guide.

8) In bashed patch, if you also like to have initials for different armor/weapon to sort easier, there is a problem with TWPC patch where names will revert back to normal. You might want to create your own patch and overwrite name from bashed patch. 

Hi,

The instructions for removing these containers can be added to the guide as part of the installation instuctions for the mod. Do you have the details of what should be removed, or do you want to add this to the guide yourself

Sadly removing them will alone is useless without adding them to vendors or levelled list. That is why i merged and edit. Containers are easy to get rid off, delete the Worldspace from each esp as well as cell and container entries. 

At this point, one easy way is to add a vendor chest similar to the one in the attached esp or try to add a levelled list. 

For the exeter-type3 armor , I've deleted all cell and worldspace references along with the containers in TES4 Edit. Then used GECK to add them to the vendor chest so they can be purchased if wanted and add them to leveled list.

Merchants: Moira Brown , Michael Masters

I've forgotten to note what has been merged: (these have to be disabled, as attached file is not a patch, they will look like there is no conflict but they will end up creating duplicates as well as the containers in springvale)

Merged Armor Mods 

Scout Outfits.esp

Lookout Outfits.esp

T3_leather armors.esp

Tattered_suits.esp

Trooper_outfits.esp

Merc Adventurer Armor - eng.esp

blackrock_shooter.esp

Refugee Clothing.esp

Freebooter_Armor.esp

DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp

FO3NeckChains.esp

T3_MadLax_Outfit.esp

I know this is not neat as it is not flexible but consider it a beta esp as i was not sure of how levelled list works. Merging them and adding them together to levelled list was easier otherwise, it was quite a huge task to patch them separately. 

If you don't like an armor, you can take it out by deleting its reference in 

2 containers

Form ID lists

Levelled Item lists

easiest way to remove an unwanted armor is

1)  find the armor 

2) Click on Tes4 Edit right bottom side "Referenced by"

3) Click on the reference and delete the related entry from the right View screen

It will be interesting to have feedback on levelled lists too. :)