18 replies to this topic

#16 Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:35 AM

If it's a duel graphics setup like my old PC you'll need the Injector version of ENB

#17 Thallassa

Thallassa

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

Again, DoubleYou, that's not the number that enb is using. Please read STEP's own guide on the subject: https://wiki.step-pr...ocal_INI/Memory

More info can be found on the enbdev forums (with good enough google-fu and translation from "boris" to "english"): https://enbseries.en...php?f=20&t=4404

Not able to find if boris has ever recommended settings for integrated graphics. Still, the vramtestsize tool doesn't lie, integrated or dedicated :P

If it were a dual graphics setup he'd have the dedicated listed in skyrimprefs.ini :P

#18 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

Thallassa,

I don't believe an Intel HD 4400 has any VRAM. It shares system memory. I would be interested to see what OP's VRAMSizeTest results are.

I believe DY is correct that the integrated card can only use 2GB of System Memory, according to the spec sheet he linked. Boris' tool should reflect the same thing, as you are right: from what I remember of how the test actually works, it is impossible for it to be incorrect (unless it is testing the wrong card in a multi-card setup).

OP never stated explicitly that he used the tool. I think everyone was just assuming he did.

Edit: More info.

Edit 2: Actually, I can pretty much guarantee OP did not use the VRAMTestSize tool. My laptop runs on Optimus, and has an Intel HD 4600 and an Nvidia 970M. When I first ran the test tool, I remember it giving me a number < 4064. It took me a bit to realize that the program was automatically using the integrated card. When I right-clicked and forced it to run with the dedicated card (the 970M), I got 4064 due to the Windows 8.1 limitation.

I never had an issue with Skyrim or the ENB wrapper version not recognizing my Nvidia card, only the VRAMTestSize tool.

#19 JarlBalgruuf

JarlBalgruuf

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

The reason it is crashing is because you are telling it that you have way more video memory than you have. You need a proper graphics card.

You haven't made the changes to your INI. Recommended changes to SkyrimPrefs.ini:

• iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
  • iMaxAnisotropy=0
  • iMultiSample=0
  • bTreesReceiveShadows=1
  • bDrawLandShadows=1
  • bFloatPointRenderTarget=1

Use the INI Editor in MO to made these changes to your profile.

sD3DDevice="IntelĀ® HD Graphics 4400" <<<--- you're going to struggle to even run the game, much less run an ENB Preset. You might want to second think running an ENB Preset and just stick to ENBoost.

The maximum amount of graphics memory an I3-4160 integrated card can use is 2GB (source), so since he has this set to 3714 (~3.6 GB), he is calling for 1.6 GB more graphics memory than his integrated card can handle, unless I am mistaken.

I guess I can come to the conclusion that my computer won't be compatible with ENB since my actual hardware can't handle it. Maybe this is the reason for the crashes? Anyways, thank you guys for at least trying to come up with a solution for this problem. My only options at this point is to play a modded Skyrim without an ENB setup or just wait until I can afford a better computer. 

Edited by JarlBalgruuf, 10 June 2016 - 11:09 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, ctd, enb, enboost, d3d9.dll, v0.305

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users