Rumor: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered to be announced at E3

Given what's going on in FO4 modding scene with bethesda.net and console modding right now, I'm just gonna quote Dante:

"Gonna need more popcorn...

...and a bomb shelter."

The word from reddit is more of: "If they do remaster Skyrim, I hope that mods do not need to be rewritten for it. If they do, no one on PC will move on to the remaster."

The most cynical possibility I've heard is "It's just going to be mod support for xbox one and PS4, with the high res DLC also finally available for console." Although does that qualify as a remaster in Shinobi's eyes...?

Edited by Thallassa

The word from reddit is more of: "If they do remaster Skyrim, I hope that mods do not need to be rewritten for it. If they do, no one on PC will move on to the remaster."

The most cynical possibility I've heard is "It's just going to be mod support for xbox one and PS4, with the high res DLC also finally available for console." Although does that qualify as a remaster in Shinobi's eyes...?

If Bethesda's idea of improved and updated graphics is simply higher res textures, then I think there is literally 0% chance the remaster will be released on PC. BUT, if Bethesda decides to do tech upgrades and update the engine or creation kit, then I think the remaster might come to PC as well, but probably break 90% of all mods.

I'm going to be cynical and say it will only be for the current gen consoles and with just higher res textures.

Not interested, they should just focus on making the next game. I'm more interested in the Crash Bandicoot rumours as that would be a REAL megaton. Bethesda said ages ago in an article for FO4 that they got Skyrim to run on XBone as a test, so I guess it could be right. 

How would this be improved anyway? Stick in some godrays and precombine all statics to make them near impossible to edit? Sounds good! ::P:  

I was rather hoping for TES6 announcement, not a remaster... unless it's as bad as COD Infinite Warfare and the only thing they can sell it on is a remaster of the good game... let us hope not.

Bit early for a TES6 announcement. Didn't they say they were rather satisfied with the effects of holding onto the Fallout 4 reveal for so long?

Bit early for a TES6 announcement. Didn't they say they were rather satisfied with the effects of holding onto the Fallout 4 reveal for so long?

Likely, of course all that extra hold out time didn't make FO4 that great of a game... really hoping TES6 will be better than that game was. FO4, to me, was a huge fail. Granted, I'm not a Fallout fan but I went in open minded about trying it.
  • +1 2

as an old gamer, i see FO4 as an epic fail if you compare to what the game was in the past. Just give me the idea after many hours of gameplay to go back to first version. Looks like the actual Bethesda politic is to give a sand box and wait for  a few years for modders adding content to see a GOOD game.

A remastered Skyrim is also worrying me. When your target is to concentrate effort (a little in this case ) to publish something that has so many mods that does the job yet, it means perhaps that they are looking for direct cash money. it's also perhaps another way to say that they don't want to investigate time on another elder scroll.

i'm not linked to the game industry but with my past and my actual job, i'm not far from it. Don't expect too much from Bethesda in the next few years on this subject. It's a good editor but they are not able to concentrate effort in the same time on more than two major product. And if you read carefully all news posted by them about their actual position on Elder scroll, you won't find many lines to read except that they have many other things to do.

i hope i'm wrong of course but...

• +1 1

With every new version of consoles companies feel the need to release a "new" remastered title because the old game can't run on the newer consoles.

Most remasters are pathetic, the only good one I can think of is the ratchet and crank remaster which was pretty much a new game... based on a movie, of a game.

Hopefully if they do rerelease it, they'll incorporate some of their own fixes to issues discovered by us beta beta testers.

Likely, of course all that extra hold out time didn't make FO4 that great of a game... really hoping TES6 will be better than that game was. FO4, to me, was a huge fail. Granted, I'm not a Fallout fan but I went in open minded about trying it.

As a Fallout fan, I found it very disappointing. Don't think being a fan of the series made me more inclined to like it. That probably does not matter for how satisfied they were with the release though.

Not sure if if TES6 will be much better either, as long as they keep this writing team. Skyrim was not all that strong in terms of story either (IMHO). Oblivion also had a pretty generic main quest, but some intriguing stuff off the beaten path. If you could avoid those bandits in Glass Armor, I mean.

Edited by MonoAccipiter
  • +1 1