Mod Oganizer and Wrye Bash [LOOKUP FAILED and changing .ini files]

anonymous2444

Question

I've encountered problem when creating Bashed Patch (BP) using WB with MO. Whenever I create new bashed patch using STEP recommendations I always end up with LOOKUP FAILED! string on some objects or with some items. I've checked BP with Tes5Edit and almost everything is filled with that string except with few cases. By the look of it WB is trying to get names for that items, activators, etc in my native language that appears in skyrim.ini which is Polish. Most of my mods are localized and I have both English and Polish strings within that mods directories. If I change languae to English in skyrim.ini WB is naming those items correctly in English without any problems. So the question is does WB have problem with language other than English or with strings which would be strange considering no problems with English?

The other problem is WB's INI Tweaks. I cannot apply any tweaks using WB with MO, however using WB without MO seems to work just fine. Is it a problem with WB accessing/editing skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini located in profile directory?

PS. I'm using standalone version of WB (306). My overwrite folder is empty.

Edited by anonymous2444

4 answers to this question

I have not used WB extensively for sometime and can't really offer any help with this matter of the Polish language files.

As for the 1st issue are you sure you are running WB correctly from within MO? All files used by the game such as INIs or plugins are those found in the current MO profile and as far as WB is concerned those are the ones the game will use, if it is correctly setup and called from MO.

The preferred method of using "tweaks" is to make them in MO and have them added to the main INIs at runtime. As far as STEP is concerned WB is only for creating the bashed patch.

I've encountered problem when creating Bashed Patch (BP) using WB with MO. Whenever I create new bashed patch using STEP recommendations I always end up with LOOKUP FAILED! string on some objects or with some items. I've checked BP with Tes5Edit and almost everything is filled with that string except with few cases. By the look of it WB is trying to get names for that items, activators, etc in my native language that appears in skyrim.ini which is Polish. Most of my mods are localized and I have both English and Polish strings within that mods directories. If I change languae to English in skyrim.ini WB is naming those items correctly in English without any problems. So the question is does WB have problem with language other than English or with strings which would be strange considering no problems with English?

The other problem is WB's INI Tweaks. I cannot apply any tweaks using WB with MO, however using WB without MO seems to work just fine. Is it a problem with WB accessing/editing skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini located in profile directory?

PS. I'm using standalone version of WB (306). My overwrite folder is empty.

You handled this problem?

I have the same.

Pozdrawiam ;)