Immersive Patrols + STEP + Perma

bagman

Question

(1) I'm a newb, please go easy on me.  I have never used STEP (until now) and I do not have experience making my own patch, or Bash.

(2) I want to use Immersive Patrols + STEP + Perma Pack together.  I figure that's probably enough to not completely muck everything up. 

(3) There are clear steps to install STEP + Perma Pack.  Ok, but how do I then add Immersive Patrols?  Do I have to somehow make my own patch for this (keep in mind that I don't know how).  This thread has posts that claim it doesn't conflict with anything (unless I missed it), but can it be that easy?  And if it is as easy as simply installing and throwing it into a load order, then should I install it before or after the Perma Pack?  Perma makes a lot of changes, so maybe it should change Immersive Patrols?

(4) Bonus question - Perma uses a lot of weapon categories (long mace, tanto, etc) in its weapon tweaks (bleed, etc).  Does it also install all the weapons it uses?  It wasn't clear from the documentation.  Or do I also need some kind of weapon upgrade mod to go with it?

Thank you to all.

Edited by bagman

8 answers to this question

Well my guide specifically says to follow Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited guide, at this point you should probably just skip installing REGS becauseit's so out of date. You'll just need to make sure you're selecting the right options. My guide is out of date but should at least give you what you need to get going.

Ok, thank you for pointing that out... so Neovalen's guide is INSTEAD OF installing STEP 2.2.9.2? 

Also, a quick question about these "Legendary Edition" patches.  Is this for some new version of the game, and do you have to have purchased it?  Or does having bought Skyrim back in 2011 + all DLC cover it, and the LE is just an update?

Well my guide specifically says to follow Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited guide, at this point you should probably just skip installing REGS becauseit's so out of date. You'll just need to make sure you're selecting the right options. My guide is out of date but should at least give you what you need to get going.

phazer11 - looking at your Perma Pack it does not appear that anything in there is some special patch you've created to make everything work with SRLE, for example.  Why is SRLE a requirement?

​The options were tailored for it. There was more but I never got around to posting it as RL happened still working on it when I make changes to my custom setup, whether or not I get the HTML written for posting on the wiki is another matter. The guide as it stands worked for SRLE + REGS as it stood when I made the last edit you COULD have substituted STEP + REGS (if you go that route now, just don't follow REGS) but some of the options would need to be changed which is why I specified SRLE, however REGS is horribly incompatible with SRLE and STEP now due to Immersive Citizens.

oh no RL is real life, if you hover over the abbreviation it'll give you a list of terms.

​OBIS and Immersive Citizens work together, though I think there is some patching involved. Neovalen would go over it in his conflict resolution guide.