Hi, first let me say up until now my experience with MO has been wonderful and i think it's an incredible piece of software.
My problem happened like this:
- Start up MO and run SKSE.
- Starts to load and then suddenly BSOD.
- Restart computer and re-open MO.
- Notice all plugins have been unchecked and are now ordered alphabetically (not sorted alphabetically, sorted by priority but now ordered alphabetically). Mod load order seems unchanged.
- Re-check all plugins, run LOOT, then run SKSE.
- Game starts as usual, but upon loading the save I get the message "This save relies on content that is missing...", you know the one, except it's listed seemingly every esm, including Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfire, Dragonborn, all the mods, everything.
- Go ahead and load anyway, and it's like every mod's been reset. All settings have reset, SkyUI starts configuring everything as if for the first time, all my modded armor is gone, my modded follower is at her default location, the in-game events to start the main dawnguard and dragonborn quest lines trigger, and the progress I had made on them has seemingly vanished.
Now every time I load a save, even new saves made after the fact, I don't get the "esm's are missing" message, but all the mods reset again.
- Vanilla stuff seems to be in order
- Everything non-mod related, like skills, perks, location, character appearance, etc. seems to be in order
- I have a ****-load of mods, almost at the hard cap
- It doesn't look like any MO settings have changed
- I've been playing with essentially the same bulk of mods for dozens of hours already without any unusual behavior or issues
- I have plenty of saves prior to the incident (all of which seem to be affected)
This isn't something i've encountered before, and i've been unable to find anything online, so hopefully someone will be able to help me here.