Can i use Caco and requiem without patch?

kenrousell2

Question

I was wondering if i could use Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul with requiem without a patch and if not how can i make a patch. i asked this on reddit: what will happen if i run Caco without a patch for requiem. will items be underpowered? and here are some replies i received.

1.none really, more the opposite.

The primary issue will be stuff like instant healing magic effects being added back in, aside from that i shouldn't be a huge problem from what i've seen.

Edit: this is with CACO Before Requiem

2.It doesn't seem that you will have underpowered items however this mode is not compatible with Requiem, that is, there is a lot of overlap. From skill trees to potions effects etc.

Assuming you load Caco after requiem, I think you'd still need to dig in TESV Edit and fix what you want changed.

3."Patch Me!".

CACO has a bazillion patches, but its a huge, comprehensive overhaul in itself. Its not likely to sit well with Requiem OTB, with the healing mechanics probably being only the most basic problem (as Octopork says).

A big part of the CACO project is that it rebalances all ingredients, which actually shouldn't be a problem for Requeim.

I would try poking around on the STEP forums and asking about their interaction there.

Thanks in advance!!

1 answer to this question

I was wondering if i could use Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul with requiem without a patch and if not how can i make a patch. i asked this on reddit: what will happen if i run Caco without a patch for requiem. will items be underpowered? and here are some replies i received.

1.none really, more the opposite.

The primary issue will be stuff like instant healing magic effects being added back in, aside from that i shouldn't be a huge problem from what i've seen.

Edit: this is with CACO Before Requiem

2.It doesn't seem that you will have underpowered items however this mode is not compatible with Requiem, that is, there is a lot of overlap. From skill trees to potions effects etc.

Assuming you load Caco after requiem, I think you'd still need to dig in TESV Edit and fix what you want changed.

3."Patch Me!".

CACO has a bazillion patches, but its a huge, comprehensive overhaul in itself. Its not likely to sit well with Requiem OTB, with the healing mechanics probably being only the most basic problem (as Octopork says).

A big part of the CACO project is that it rebalances all ingredients, which actually shouldn't be a problem for Requeim.

I would try poking around on the STEP forums and asking about their interaction there.

Thanks in advance!!

Utilize the requiem patch ^.^  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81899/?