ENBoost, Windows 10

JUNKdeLUXE

Question

I've completed my install and it went pretty smooth I think and no noticeable (yet) errors or glitches in-game.

I do have a questing regarding the ENBoost.

Picures here: https://imgur.com/a/ic37x

I'm comming from the SR:LE behemoth so I have never tried NOT having an ENB installed in a Betheda game. As I understand it ENBoost is different than ENB?

I love the colors etc when my game loads, but I have a lot of ragged edges (picture 1). If I enable the ENBoost (Shift-F1) the lines becomes straight and less ragged, but my colors are complete washed out (picture 2).

Why is this? and can I do anything besides installing a regular ENB? and if so, any recommendations? :)

8 answers to this question

Must be some leftover setting Boris forgot to set in the the config or something. If you open up the ENB control panel and disable effects does that change anything? ENB AA might still work. If you want to switch to regular config you can head on over to the screenshots thread and checkout darkside's pictures for Lucent ENB which works pretty well with RWLE.

Enb is really buggy with NV, especially with windows 10. Your better off without it.

If you want, the old standalone enboost works a lot better than the newer enb versions, if you don't want to use enb effects (which you probably don't because they aren't that great for NV, and cause some issues)

I don't have any problem with ENB on Windows 10. There are slight visual artifacts when enable Detail Shadow and AO, but I can live with it. FNV is working very well with ENB from my experience. I have used Lucent ENB for >150 hrs.

Must be some leftover setting Boris forgot to set in the the config or something. If you open up the ENB control panel and disable effects does that change anything? ENB AA might still work. If you want to switch to regular config you can head on over to the screenshots thread and checkout darkside's pictures for Lucent ENB which works pretty well with RWLE.

I agree with Mono. I think leftover settings or files may be the problem here. Can you provide your enblocal.ini, enbseries.ini, and screenshot of files in FNV folder?

Edited by darkside

I've since installed a proper ENB (the ENHANCED SHADERS - ENB) and I don't have these problems any more.

Only problem (visually) now is that everything is odly colored and very dark in lot of the Beyond Boulder Dome areas...

Btw.. that mod is the worst quest mod in any game I've ever tried. It's big, yes.. but that's about it. Spend 4 hours just trying to find the NCR outpost (still havn't found it), waypoints pointing back to base on quests, overtuned mobs, 1 dimensional npcs, etc...  By now I've regretted it a lot that I even started that questline and spend so much time in there that I want to complete it now instead of reverting to an older save.

I've actually never been a huge fan of the Beyond Boulder Dome mod, it was noble in its intentions, but the whole design of it kinda struck me as odd (in particular the very convoluted map, like you said). I eventually just went back on an earlier save on that characters. Sadly I haven't gotten around to touching the quest section of F&L as that is a big bunch of things to play through and evaluate (I even forgot about DEIMOS on my last playthrough so I've never touched that). The thing with a lot of these quest interiors is that they've probably not been designed with realistic lighting in mind like ILO, which makes them a bit worse when you start pulling out the heavier shaders and so on. Nightvision equipment is highly recommended from me, and with darthbdaman's work on the Advanced Recon Patches most of them have AR's vision modes which allow you to swap colors and intensity. You can find some in the HELIOS One Tower, IIRC.

If you want some quality quest/location mods I really encourage you to check out any of Jokerine's mods. They are all really well done and she/he puts a TON of time and effort into them. They all are really unique and have a lot of character. Voice acting is very well done and even though Jokerine says she/he doesn't care about immersion, they have to be some of the most immersive mods out there due to their quality. Highly recommended.

• +1 1

If you want some quality quest/location mods I really encourage you to check out any of Jokerine's mods. They are all really well done and she/he puts a TON of time and effort into them. They all are really unique and have a lot of character. Voice acting is very well done and even though Jokerine says she/he doesn't care about immersion, they have to be some of the most immersive mods out there due to their quality. Highly recommended.

Do you have a few best ones that you can recommend? Wish I have more time to play. Edited by darkside