Ultimate HD Fire Effects (by BuzzDee84)

JudgmentJay

Discussion thread:
Ultimate HD Fire Effects by BuzzDee84
Wiki Link

The author of Ultimate HD Torch just released this fire spell texture replacer:

The screenshots look amazing, but I'm curious how blends in with the rest of the game when you're actually playing. I've been using his torch fire texture replacer which looks similar and it looks great.

Looks like he wants to replace all the fire textures in the game eventually.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's amazing! My only concern is what you mentioned...what does it look like in actual gameplay? Does it look too real like the recent rock texture that was discussed. The screenshots are awesome and it's right on the edge for me of possibly looking too real to go with the art style of the game. I would like to test these out myself but I'll be a while before I can. I'm currently focused on the wiki and haven't gotten to play much.

I just checked Cinematic Fire Effects and Ultimate HD Fire Spells archives and they don't share any textures. Which is strange as both cover spells. I haven't had any time to compare any deeper than "does this mod have the same files?" but on the face of it they shouldn't conflict. Although they both seem to cover the same thing. I'm not sure what to make of this at a glance.

I just checked Cinematic Fire Effects and Ultimate HD Fire Spells archives and they don't share any textures. Which is strange as both cover spells. I haven't had any time to compare any deeper than "does this mod have the same files?" but on the face of it they shouldn't conflict. Although they both seem to cover the same thing. I'm not sure what to make of this at a glance.

They both have an ESP, don't they?

They both have an ESP, don't they?
Neither of them do. Ultimate HD has two mesh that may direct to different textures. But without testing it in game I can't say if there's a conflict. I probably won't get many chances to play over the next few days as I have family things. But it's Christmas Eve, I'm sure most of you do. :D

Either way, I'm sure they have to conflict somehow. They do, after all, change the same thing from what I can see from screenshots.

Hi everybody! Long time, no....see? Lol, whatever. I'll be around more now that I have some personal things taken care of and do a little updating on the wiki.

Now on topic, I haven't taken any comparison screenshots since I just noticed this BUT I do have a shot with Ultimate HD Fire Spells after overwriting Cinematic Fire Spells. Didn't bother to check what it overwrote to be honest but I am very happy with the results. :)

Posted Image

EDIT: Use the Image button so they're caught by Highslide and not breaking the page. ~Farlo