Ultimate HD Fire Effects (by BuzzDee84)

JudgmentJay

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "LowRes version" is now available' date=' for last 1.81 version. Should it be recommended for the STEP Baseline ?[/quote']

Are they just texture resolution differences, and if so: what are they compared to Vanilla/HRDLC?

This has been updated again to v1.9 and it is a 4k-8k resolution version which I believe is a bit to much for STEP (or really anybody). The old version has been rebranded as medium. Most of the files in medium are 2k-1k res, so that is probably the in line with STEP. Low res is more 1k-.5k res if anyone needs the space.

*laughs* Who needs 4k textures for anything but powered armor (or other textures around the same detail level)? In fact, who needs 8k textures for anything, unless the game is TES XII, or Crysis 10, or something like that. People and their skewed priorities...

*laughs* Who needs 4k textures for anything but powered armor (or other textures around the same detail level)? In fact, who needs 8k textures for anything, unless the game is TES XII, or Crysis 10, or something like that. People and their skewed priorities...

Amen to that. 8k is overkill. 4k is fine for large detailed objects but 2k is tops for fx.

• 3 weeks later...

Well compare it and lets see! Live video will be the best way to compare these mods; showing the candle flame, hearth flames, and spell flames. I'm setting up a detailed comparison myself of a couple mods because I've never been able to find the two mods compared against one another. It's a surprise though! :D

hai guise

i didnt know all this about ultimate; that people like to use both so much and that they don't overwrite - interdasting!

but now i have finally updated Cinematic Fire, and its truly HD now and more alike Ultimate, but less sharp because i found that one a little spritely when i tried (not enough glow or sth)

they probably will conflict now however, and i've updated to BSA format because i didnt expect anyone will want to mix and match, so if anyone wants a loose files version just leave comment on mod page and ill get right on it))

heres a couple screenies (sorry if this is regarded hijacking :p)

Posted Image

Moderator Edit: Updated Post to use the gallery. -torminater