Ultimate HD Fire Effects (by BuzzDee84)

JudgmentJay

Hello STEP forum!

I think I've found an issue with the introduction of STEP Compilation: the file /textures/effects/candleflame01.dds is overwritten by STEP Compilation, probably by Ruins Clutter Improved.

I see that in 2.2.9.1 this mod was meant to overwrite Ruins Clutter Improved, so that file should be removed from the Compilation. Am I right?

EDIT: now that I see better, it's not from Ruins Clutter Improved and it's not even listed in the txt. Was it introduced by mistake?

Edited by obzen

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Obzen indicated above,

STEP Compilation (Normal Res for me) overwrites the Ultimate HD Candle Flames optional file.  Rendering it â€‹nonessential. 

So Recommendations should read: Install the Ultimate HD Fire Effects -Medium Resolution- main file.

instead of: Install the Ultimate HD Fire Effects -Medium Resolution- main file and the Ultimate HD Candle Flames optional file.

Edited by Silverpanther34

As Obzen indicated above,

STEP Compilation (Normal Res for me) overwrites the Ultimate HD Candle Flames optional file.  Rendering it â€‹nonessential. 

So Recommendations should read: Install the Ultimate HD Fire Effects -Medium Resolution- main file.

instead of: Install the Ultimate HD Fire Effects -Medium Resolution- main file and the Ultimate HD Candle Flames optional file.

Confirmed.

I've updated the mod page. The main Guide will update at its next refresh cycle.

• 11 months later...

I have noticed something:

In the installer of Embers HD when selecting the compatibility patch there is written: "This should be installed after Ultimate HD Fire Effects."

On the SMIM nexus page: "If you use rheadude's Ultimate HD Fire Effects, install it first! Then let SMIM overwrite all files!"

On the Ultimate HD Fire Effects nexus page: "Deleted the SMIM compatible patch. You don't need it anymore. Simply install the actual SMIM version and overwrite conflicting files."

Now that Ultimate HD Fire Effects was merged into STEP:Compilation, it overwrites SMIM and Embers HD and not the other way around like the mod authors instructed. I am not aware of the procedure when creating the Compilation, whether you delete conflicting files, so they don't overwrite the previous or something like this.

I am not sure whether the conflicting files in Compilation actually are from Ultimate HD Fire Effects.

[spoiler=Conflicts in SMIM overwritten by STEP:Compilation]/textures/dungeons/candles01_n.dds
/textures/dungeons/candles01_g.dds
/textures/dungeons/candles01.dds
/meshes/clutter/woodfires/campfire01landburning.nif
/meshes/clutter/woodfires/campfire01burning.nif

[spoiler=Conflicts in Embers HD overwritten by STEP:Compilation]/meshes/effects/fxfirewithembers01_cheap.nif
/meshes/clutter/woodfires/campfire01landburning.nif
/meshes/clutter/woodfires/campfire01burning.nif

So is it all right that the STEP:Compilation overwrites some files (related to fires) both in SMIM and Embers HD?

Edited by Hawk

We take into account the conflicts; however, I did the Hires file under incomplete instructions, it would seem (typical for a college professor :bleh: ). Anyway, enough poking at Ess. I'll fix it this evening and reupload this evening.

I am not sure I understood well, SRB was giving you the instructions and also he is a college professor?

Okay, seems the Normal Res was what you were referring to as it contained all those files. I've removed them as well and will be reuploading.

Yes, I have Normal Res. So I can remove/hide all of the files I mentioned? Or did I miss anything?

I may or may not have lost my original compilation for 2.10 and then thrown together a new one really fast to make sure that we could release on time without actually bothering to check overwrites.  :whistling:

No problem. I took care of this and the extra files I left in conflicting with WEBS Extended. I'll upload them here in a bit. Just walked through the door from work.

The conflicting files with WEBS Extended should probably be removed. See here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/1430-intricate-spider-webs-by-isoku/?do=findComment&comment=202670

It is probably the old mod, Intricate Spider Webs which was in the Compilation from the last release.

Pretty sure I told Tech to remove those files. And the leftover ones are only covered by Intricate Spider Webs, so I left them in.