HD Horker (by Pfuscher)

TechAngel85

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like this mod. Really!

The only thing that holds me a bit back is that the author has not impelemented USLEEP fixes in his horker mesh.

But probably I will end up using as texure-wise is amazing and there is also Gamwhich version which is really great as well.

USLEEP (actually it was in a USKP release back in time) has an updated mesh for horker.nif that corrects shading, better placement of NiTriShapes etc.

Author did not use USLEEP's/USKP's mesh as a base but the vanilla one.

It is also mentioned by a user in the mod's comment page and it can be further seen by comparing the 2 models in NifScope.

If you install HD Horker in MO you will also see that it overrides the horker.nif file from USLEEP.

While the shading fixes are nice to have, still, the textures of this mod are really too nice to just let go.

I just wish more authors in the future will start using USLEEP meshes as a base to their models.

Edited by Astakos

But probably I will end up using as texure-wise is amazing and there is also Gamwhich version which is really great as well.

Gamwich's? I never seen it. Could you provide a link for that? Maybe, we can include it for the comparison.

I checked the release notes for USLEEP and for the USKP, and there is nothing listed that would make me want or even need the USLEEP meshes. So...I really have no idea what you're talking about, unless they did undocumented changes.

Bug #20227 is something they accidentally edited so they reversed it.

Bug #12033 for the whiskers is taken care of because Pfuscher completely reworked the whiskers. Pfuscher's whiskers are far better so if you use the USLEEP mesh, you'll loose those beautiful whiskers.

Everything else are things done to spelling, food items, or placements of the horkers in the worldspace. Nothing to do with meshes.

Granted I still haven't compared the meshes in Nifskope.