MO2

loneyukon

Question

MO2 came out as FO4 was released...been running around in the post-apocalypse for the last year, now I am re-doing my Skyrim...was just wondering if there is an updated 'instruction manual' for MO2 users;

...more specifically, I was having issues near the beginning where we were instructed to make an actual 'Skyrim Script Extender' mod...I did as instructed, however, if I have that enabled I get an immediate CTD. I was wondering if this has something to do with MO having SKSE pre-installed?

Edit: Instructions referred to above found here > https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

Edited by loneyukon

I don't use MO2 since i don't play Fallout 4 now but I do run two instances of MO1 without any problem since i have SRLE extended installed  and now i set up SRLE ext LOTD and i don't want those two have the same folder structure. It's easier to manage this way and not constantly having to rename mods folders so that they don't mix.

I usually have at least two and often more instances of Mod Organizer for Skyrim and it works well. I typically create a new instance of Mod Organizer in place of using multiple profiles since I think this is generally easier than switching profiles. The one caveat you might run into is that one instance of Mod Organizer will handle the Nexus "Download with Manager" links so you might keep this in mind. I generally download with the browser into to my own structured repository so I never really use the "Download with Manager" functionality anyway.

I currently use the one install for all supported games and have not run into any problems.

Switching games is not a problem. Note that I mainly play FO4 at the moment, but I have a small Skyrim install to test things. I am slowly starting to test the other games when time permits.

Just to add, this is how I have MO and the games installed.

MO is on my E drive which is a regular HDD. i install most programs that I can in E:\PC Installed Programs\ program name to avoid UAC issues and to keep the C SSD drive at a reasonable size. Steam is installed in E:\PCGames\ for the same reasons along with GalaxyClient, NMM and Ubisoft game launcher.

All the games it supports are installed on a SSD, which is my D drive and non support supported games go on the E drive in E:\PCGames\Steam\steamapps\common.

I pointed the paths of the Downloads, Mods, Profiles directories in each supported game in MO to a Central location on the E drive in E:\Modorganizer Central.

I left the Caches and Overwrite paths at the default settings so all of the stuff generated in MO will go to the AppData directory. If I remember I did have a problem when I changed the Overwrite path. I can't remember what it was and I did not write down the issue.