Sometimes Pick Up Books (by Mardoxx and CDCooley)

cdcooley

Sometimes Pick Up Books (by Mardoxx and CDCooley)

With version 4.0, I'm finally reasonably happy with how this mod works. Now it almost feels like part of the original game. 

You can grab books without reading them even if that would be stealing (with the appropriate chance of getting caught) and the activation prompt will change so you know what to expect instead of it always saying Read. It even displays the Take and Read prompts in grey instead of white for books that have already been read.

You can choose either Read or Take/Steal as the default action and holding Shift will switch to the opposite action. It works with gamepad controllers but the modifier key needs to be mapped to a new control in the MCM (and I have no idea which would be a good default so I didn't set one).

To avoid conflicts and honor choices by other mods (and the game) books with scripts that block normal activation (and others marked untakable) won't be able to be taken or stolen.

The new dynamic prompt feature can be disabled in the MCM because it has a chance of conflicting with other mods and because some people might not like the slight delay that it takes for the prompt to appear (while the book is being classified) or that it is a little more script intensive than the previous version.

The MCM is always in English (since I am not qualified to translate into any other language) but the Read, Take, or Steal prompt is shown in the appropriate language for your game.

• +1 2